Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Is it ok to let my cat lick my actimel yoghurt lid?

The actimel yoghurts are supposed to have good bacteria for humans in them, but my cats like to lick the lid...will it cause them any harm? like the bacteria? just curious.

DR Bears Face:

DONT BE A ***.....OBVIOUSLY IT HAS YOGHURT ON IT

PEOPLE WHO THINK THEYRE FUNNY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM YAHOO.....I JUST ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT MY CATS AND WANTED A SIMPLE ANSWER

THANKS TO ALL WHO GAVE ME A GOOD ANSWER!

Favorite Answer

Cats have minor lactose intolerance issues. Licking the lid will be fine (careful though, the tin foil may not be good for his tongue round the edge). How ever make sure the amount of cows dairy products he has a day doesn't increase too much.

Generally a saucer of milk or slice of cheese is fine but no more.

The probiotics in yoghurt can be good for cats too. but because so many cats are lactose intolerant you should be careful feeding too much of any cows milk product . But just licking the lid should be fine.

I don't think so, it's not like you're feeding him/her with a load of yogurth.

It'd still be better for him/her to just eat specific cat food, but a snack once in a while won't kill it unless it's poisonous for him (ex: onions are poisonous to cats)

Source(s): I have a cat

If the lid is made of tinfoil your cat could cut his tongue on the edge.

I really have no answer since lot of people/vets tell me different things, my kitten does that too and he really enjoys it.. I think there is no harm in such a small amount of youghurt he gets from there.

the lid is made of yoghurt?

Source(s): my cat is in my room with a yoghurt licking the lid and holding a shot gun