Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Is it ok to let my cat lick my actimel yoghurt lid?

The actimel yoghurts are supposed to have good bacteria for humans in them, but my cats like to lick the lid...will it cause them any harm? like the bacteria? just curious.

Update:

DR Bears Face:

DONT BE A ***.....OBVIOUSLY IT HAS YOGHURT ON IT

Update 2:

PEOPLE WHO THINK THEYRE FUNNY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM YAHOO.....I JUST ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT MY CATS AND WANTED A SIMPLE ANSWER

THANKS TO ALL WHO GAVE ME A GOOD ANSWER!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cats have minor lactose intolerance issues. Licking the lid will be fine (careful though, the tin foil may not be good for his tongue round the edge). How ever make sure the amount of cows dairy products he has a day doesn't increase too much.

Generally a saucer of milk or slice of cheese is fine but no more.

• 1 decade ago

The probiotics in yoghurt can be good for cats too. but because so many cats are lactose intolerant you should be careful feeding too much of any cows milk product . But just licking the lid should be fine.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so, it's not like you're feeding him/her with a load of yogurth.

It'd still be better for him/her to just eat specific cat food, but a snack once in a while won't kill it unless it's poisonous for him (ex: onions are poisonous to cats)

Source(s): I have a cat
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the lid is made of tinfoil your cat could cut his tongue on the edge.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I really have no answer since lot of people/vets tell me different things, my kitten does that too and he really enjoys it.. I think there is no harm in such a small amount of youghurt he gets from there.

• 1 decade ago

the lid is made of yoghurt?

Source(s): my cat is in my room with a yoghurt licking the lid and holding a shot gun
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.