Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Is being inspired to save the life of someone with leukemia a bad thing?

I donate blood and joined the bone marrow registry in memory of a leukemia victim that I wrote a poem about.

In 2003, I nearly became a match for someone in need of a Bone Marrow Transplant.

"Least Without My Brothers" thinks that what I'm doing is a bad thing and that it represents somethign pathological about me.

Is trying to save someone's life a bad thing?

Update:

In other words, "Least Without My Brothers" believes that it's a bad thing that I tried to save someone's life...

There was recently a baby in Toronto needed blood and "Least Without My Brothers" would probably prefer not to donate and let that baby die if he had his way!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You are most certainly doing a kind and generous thing. Recently I needed a blood transfusion. I am shamed to say that until that day, I hadn't considered what a truly beautiful act donating blood is. Thank you and the thousands of others who give their own blood that strangers may live.

Namaste.

PS Should the recipient turn out to a less than admirable person in no way diminishes the goodness of the gift. And who or what in the world is "Least Without My Brothers?"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

If your blood is given to a future murderer or child abuser then is it a good thing ?

On the face of your deed(s) it seems admirable but only time can tell if the life you've helped/saved turns out to be a ''decent human''

Peace

• Lee
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

How could that possibly be a bad thing?

• 10 years ago

NO, more power to you...

Source(s): IMHO
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.