Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Is being inspired to save the life of someone with leukemia a bad thing?

I donate blood and joined the bone marrow registry in memory of a leukemia victim that I wrote a poem about.

In 2003, I nearly became a match for someone in need of a Bone Marrow Transplant.

"Least Without My Brothers" thinks that what I'm doing is a bad thing and that it represents somethign pathological about me.

Is trying to save someone's life a bad thing?

In other words, "Least Without My Brothers" believes that it's a bad thing that I tried to save someone's life...

There was recently a baby in Toronto needed blood and "Least Without My Brothers" would probably prefer not to donate and let that baby die if he had his way!

• Amy
    Favorite Answer

You are most certainly doing a kind and generous thing. Recently I needed a blood transfusion. I am shamed to say that until that day, I hadn't considered what a truly beautiful act donating blood is. Thank you and the thousands of others who give their own blood that strangers may live.

Namaste.

PS Should the recipient turn out to a less than admirable person in no way diminishes the goodness of the gift. And who or what in the world is "Least Without My Brothers?"

If your blood is given to a future murderer or child abuser then is it a good thing ?

On the face of your deed(s) it seems admirable but only time can tell if the life you've helped/saved turns out to be a ''decent human''

Peace

• Lee

How could that possibly be a bad thing?

NO, more power to you...

Source(s): IMHO