why does it take so long for my parcel to get from chicago to montreal.?

I ordered a longboard on ebay from tgm skateboards and its been in foreign customs for like 4 days now. how long will it take for it to get here.

this is exactly what it says when i click the tracking number:

USPS

Into Foreign Customs, Jun-21-10, 13:20 PM, TORONTO-A

Arrived Abroad, TORONTO-A

International Dispatch, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Arrival, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Electronic Shipping Info Received, CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI, 48035

Best Answer

Because Customs will check to make sure everything is legit before it's allowed to enter the country. They're also going to see if you'll owe them any duties or taxes.

• Esther

Because customs has to inspect the parcel and assess duties, taxes, etc.

Also, it was probably sent USPS parcel post which can take up to 10-20 days for the entire shipment.

Source(s): Online Shopping Experience

i don't be conscious of. i be conscious of you will confident like that haha. Montreal held off Washington... yet do you think of they performed like a Stanley Cup Finalist? i don't be conscious of. i assume time will tell. i wouldnt' be shocked in the event that they lost to Pittsburgh next around to be honest with you. take excitement interior the victory for confident, yet I dont' be conscious of if I see Montreal interior the Finals. yet, If Montreal does finally end up beating out Pittsburgh they are definitley my %. for the finals. that would definitltey be enormously cool. As for Chicago.. good success against the Nucks ;-) I did think of it became into clever to place Byfuglien up front.