Hanna asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

How can I improve my life?

I am very angry at my life. I hate my life. I feel my soul's song is Susan Boyles' I dreamed a dream....

I once thought everyone was entitled to happiness. It was a birthright. But I am just so angry and hurt and sad, I have lost interest in doing my gym aerobics, seeing the parks at sunset, knitting, painting, reading. I don't enjoy much these days. I drag myself to perform for the family basic duties. I ***** at everyone. Lose my temper. and Worst of all fantasize of running away from my family. Abandoning my husband and kids. I feel its just too much energy to work at it all. I feel so lonely. Like I have so much pain inside and I want to lay my head on a friend's shoulder and cry and feel loved and supported but I have none to do so with. I don't even have a friend to tell all this out to. I have lost my faith in people and trust in the world. I feel my life has become a nightmare.

• ERRN
    Favorite Answer

It may sound easier than it is but I do believe you have to just *try* your hardest to change your attitude just a little bit. You sound like you want to eventually be happy, and not just stay this way forever. So, if you have to be *convincing* yourself that you enjoy this/that, then do it. Force yourself. Make fun of it, somehow try to find a way to make light of things. Even if your humor is dark, try. :) Take a break, remember that you are important and that you are special. Treat yourself, go to the spa, do a little shopping, go out to eat - anything that pampers YOU and can make you feel better. You can enjoy your old hobbies again, you just need some kind of inspiration and motivation. Look for it; find it.

“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” Thomas Jefferson

A. Happiness is a choice. You have to choose to be happy with the life you have and to do your best with what you've got.

B. It sounds like you're in a pretty deep depression, and with little family or friend support, I would highly suggest that you find a counselor to talk with, even for just a couple sessions.

C. Try making yourself exercise too. The "Legally Blonde" quote is true: "Exercise produces endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't kill their husbands." Whether or not that last part applies to you, get some exercise and some sun and try to enjoy life again!

Be Positiveee!! just take a look around you and think wow im actually here! although billions of people come into this world each day think of how so many are still waiting to get inside! trust me i went into a depression like this and im 13 after my step dad left with my step siblings a year ago and 4 years ago when my step sister 4 years old was diagnosed with leukemia and that was the first week at my new school in 4th grade no friends it was horrible my world was crashing down and happiness was dissapearing right infront of my eyes.....i know how it feels just this year i went into a depression that my parents didnt even know about and i got very suicidal and started cutting ive been through alot for my age and i just look around me and at this wonderful world and think about what i have coming for me as i get older i also have lost complete faith since my step dad left and i just kept going and try to help others who are in need more than me and just make myself feel like i am important because im helping others i dont have many friends that i trust and they all use me but i always think i have myself and i am my own bestfriend because i am nice to myself more than others are just look to the bright side think how i over came this !!! everything will come and help you try to listen to music that always helps me find my serenity :)) best luck !

Change your thinking, and you change how you see, speak, feel and act. Your destiny depends on it.

Never depend on people, things, money, entertainment, or anything else temporary to make you happy. Everything and every person changes. You must look for new challenges: find ways to fulfill duties differently, try new hobbies, search to help those worse off and distract yourself from yourself. Be friendly to make friends. Focus on what you do have and can do

You DO have a friend you can cry to and who knows all about you. I did and he changed me from within when I was miserable and he's still working on me. He understands me more than anyone else and promised me great future plans. It's not religion, but a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. He is a Friend who is closer than a brother and promises to never leave those who stay with Him. God put us on earth to be like Him in character, not for us to allow His blessings control our emotions. This is your purpose. Life is about Him, not us.

Please don't leave your family. Instead, consider a relationship with the only one who designed the family and can guide you to the best future. You can start by praying the following:

"Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Jesus, thank You that You died for me so I would have eternal life. I believe that You are the Son of God who rose from the dead and that You’re coming back again for me. I'll live for You. Heavenly Father,

You are the great Counselor! I need guidance, because I don’t know what to do. Help me to do what You want done in this situation. Please send someone to show me the steps I need to take. I depend on You, and I thank You, Heavenly Father. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you meant what you prayed, welcome to God's family! Stay connected by talking to the Lord everyday, and follow an easy-to-read Bible daily, starting with St. John. Study and meditate on the scriptures listed below. Make friends at a local Bible-teaching church and tell others how Jesus is making a difference in your life.

Source(s): http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/living-in-de... From biblegateway.com (Amplified Bible); Proverbs 23:7 (New International Reader's Version): Colossians 1:15-16; Psalm 50:15; Psalm 139:1-7;13-16; Proverbs 18:24; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Romans 5:8;10:9-10; 2 Peter 1:4; Hebrews 13:5; Philippians 1:6; Psalm 32:8; 46:1-2 http://docs.purposedriven.org:8088/docs/pdl/sample... (Requires Acrobat Reader) Begins @ page 5

Probably depression. What mad eyou think this way?