Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 10 years ago

do i need to seek therapists help? [long-details inside]?

Lately, I've been depressed. Is there something wrong with me? I keep thinking about the past. I had a worst year of my life during in my grade 9 year. It was due because I was bullied and I look like someone I can get picked on easily. I was the quiet and shy type of person. After that, I got influenced by the bullies. I started doing bad things like skipping classes and failing my subjects in purpose but not really into bad things. I don't know why I feel like this. I just feel sad, alone and depressed. My family used to keep moving houses to other houses, so i never had real friends in school like best friends, you know. The only one I can depend on was my dad. I come from separated family, my dad and my mom are separated but I live with my dad instead. However, I'm more emotionally attached to my mom. So there's that feeling that I want to be with mom and the feeling that I want my parents get back together. Sadly, they won't anymore maybe because they don't love each other anymore. This makes me sad. I'm sorry on going emotional on you people, but what should I do? do I need to seek therapists help but how? please help me....I honestly don't know what to do with my life right now..

thanks tyler.

Favorite Answer

Being emotional from all these events is completely understandable. No need to apologize on your part.

As for the bullies, ignore them. I know you've probably heard that a million times before from school programs, but you really should ignore them. They can only bother you if you let it bother you.

The parent situation is tough. Unfortunately, what is done is done. You can't make them get back together. This is one of those things that sucks, but you have no choice but to try and deal with.

It's tough, but you just need to keep trying to make the best of what you've got. Keep trying in school, even if it is hard. Find a hobby that interests you, such as books, music, or anything else that you can find enjoyment in. Personally, I find music to be a great way to deal with stress.

I hope this helps. If you still need more help, it may be wise to seek the help of a counselor or therapist.

Good luck.

Wow, there is so much on your plate that if I had to deal with it I'd be depressed too.

Yeah, if I were you I'd find someone to talk to about this. If you can see a therapist that would be great but it that's not possible you could try your minister, priest, or rabbi. Even a school counselor would be better than nothing.

I'm sure that you are aware that your parents separation is not your fault. The failing is between them and does not have anything to do with you. However, that will not make you any less sad about it. You are grieving the death of your parent's marriage and the loss of the life you knew when they were together. It is the same as grieving the death of someone you love and you should take it just as seriously. Don't let their failure ruin your life. You do not have to have a diminished future just because they couldn't keep their commitment to each other going.

If you can arrange it I really do recommend that you see a counselor so your can sort through your feelings and anxieties about what you are going through. You need to feel good about yourself again and that may be hard to do on your own.

I understand your situation. You have to accept the reality that your mom and dad do not like to be together due to reasons best known to them and you may not be able to do anything about it.Now getting depressed due to this situation does not help you in any way rather the more you entertain depressing thoughts, the more you become depressed and make your life unhappy.Accepting the reality of situations and your limitations and drawbacks are necessary for a happy life.Do not compare with others.Every individual is unique in this world and he/she has a mission in life Find out your mission in life. Life's situations will show you what you are supposed to do if you devote some time everyday to read and contemplate on what great men who lived and gone in the past told us about life .You can certainly seek psychological counselling to make you face the life situations in more rational way.Wish you all the best in life

Yeah i know its hard my mom and dad don't live together. If you need to talk to a therapist then do it. Or you can do something to get your mind off things good luck hope you feel Better.