Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

QMusic3 asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Please Rate These Names?

Preferably out of 10. Comment if you like, but please be kind.

Ginnie Louise (Yep, like Harry Potter. We don't like Ginevra. We're aware it was spelled with a y in the book. We love this name anyway.)

Gabrianna "Gabby" Marie

Gretel Marie (Like The Sound of Music)

Gina Marie

**Marie and Louise are my mother's name. Marie is a family tradition**

Gibson Charles (My husband plays the guitar)

Graedin Charles

Grady Allen

**Charles is my grandfather. Allen is my dad.**

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ginnie Louise: 4/10. I like Louise. Ginnie is a cute nickname, but not quite formal or elegant enough to be a full name IMO. I absolutely love Ginevra...but if you don't, what about Virginia, Regina, Georgina, Ginger, or Imogen?

Gabrianna Marie: 4/10. Gabrianna sounds pretty and girly, but rather too made-up and fairy-tale-princessy...I'd prefer Gabriella. Or what about Gloriana, which is an old-fashioned name that was associated with the legendary fairy queen and with Queen Elizabeth I? Marie is nice.

Gretel Marie: 5/10. Gretel is a good, traditional, feminine name that's very uncommon, which I like...but I don't think it has a super-appealing sound personally.

Gina Marie: 6/10. Gina is nice...I think it can stand on its own a lot better than Ginnie. However, I still prefer it as a nickname, for Georgina, Regina, etc.

Gibson Charles: 3/10. I like that it's after Gibson guitars, and I love the name Charles, but this combo sounds backwards to me...Charles Gibson would flow better IMO, and Charles sounds much handsomer as a first name...Gibson just sounds rather goofy, and makes me picture a little boy with stick-out ears who rather resembles a gibbon.

Graedin Charles: 2/10. I love Charles, but Graedin seems trendae, maede-up, and immature. If trendy is a good thing to you, Grayson would be a classier, more mature-sounding option. Or what about Gregory Charles, Gavin Charles, Gabriel Charles, or Gideon Charles?

Grady Allen: 5/10. I like Allen. Grady is not my style, but OK.

• 1 decade ago

Ginnie Louise 9/10

Gabrianna Marie 4/10

Gretel Marie 5/10

Gina Marie 4/10

Graedin Charles 8/10

Gibson Charles 7/10

Grady Allen 5/10

• 1 decade ago

Ginnie Louise - 9/10 really cute

Gabrianna "Gabby" Marie - 5/10 not sure about Gabrianna I think Gabriella Marie would be better

Gretel Marie- 5/10- dislike Gretel sorry

Gina Marie - 9/10 cute combo, goes well together

Gibson Charles - 6/10 it's alright, nothing special

Graedin Charles - 4/10 dislike Graedin

Grady Allen - 6/10 kinda cute but Grady sounds more like a Nickname

My fves would be Gina Marie and Grady Allen

• 1 decade ago

Ginnie Louise - 7/10. I like Ginnie a lot but prefer it as Ginny. Love Louise.

Gabrianna "Gabby" Marie - 5/10. Yuck to Gabrianna. Just seems like you couldn't decide between Gabrielle and Brianna - maybe that's the case? :) Would prefer Gabriella.

Gretel Marie (Like The Sound of Music) - 6/10. Gretel is cute, I think of Hansel and Gretel before I think of The Sound of Music though, not that that's a bad thing. I do believe, however, that the Sound of Music character is spelled Gretl.

Gina Marie - 6/10. I like Gina, paired with Marie though isn't my favorite. I really like Gina Louise.

Gibson Charles (My husband plays the guitar) - 7/10. I like Gibson - once knew a little boy named Gibson who was called Gibby which I think is adorable. I don't think I like the fact that it's named after the guitar though, seems like kind of a stretch. It's like you wanted a unique name but still wanted your kid to be named after something. I would think, if your husband is a musician, you would want to name your son after an artist. Love Charles.

Graedin Charles - 1/10. Hate Graedin. That spelling is particularly ugly.

Grady Allen - 3/10. Don't love Grady; would like it better paired with Charles.

I think Charles and Louise would make great first names! Charles Gibson, Charles Grady, Louise Gabriella. Otherwise, I love Ginnie Louise and Gibson Charles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Ginnie Louise - I really like it! Slightly prefer spelling with a y, but either is fine 9/10

Gabrianna "Gabby" Marie - very pretty 7.5/10

Gretel Marie (Like The Sound of Music) - not keen on Gretel... if you're going for sound of music, how about Louisa (love this name!) or Liesl? 5/10

Gina Marie - eh, it's alright. 5/10

Gibson Charles - hmm... interesting 6.5/10

Graedin Charles - I actually like this a lot! 8.5/10

Grady Allen - it's alright 6.5/10

• 1 decade ago

Ginnie Louise- 1

Gabrianna "Gabby" Marie- 7

Gretel Marie- 1

Gina Marie-4

Gibson Charles- 2 reminds me of Gibby from iCarly

Graedin Charles- 8 (cute you could call him Gray)

Grady Allen- 5

• 1 decade ago

i like the name Ginnie but not with Louise. i like Greadin but not with Charles. I also like Grady Allen.

• Jordy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i absolutely LOVE Ginnie Louise and Gibson Charles!! cute twin names if you ever had b/g twins or something. i have always loved the name Ginnie:) all ur other names ur awesome too i like them all! hope this helps and congrats!! God bless-livie

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

eek!

The only names I like are Gina and Grady!

• 1 decade ago

sorry, i really don't want to hurt your feelings,

but.. i just gotta say... those names are kind of old fashioned.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.