The lid of my laptop was slammed down and I now it doesn't work!?

The lid of my Lenovo Ideapad Y510 was slammed down, and it doesn't work anymore.

Whenever I try and turn it on, it makes weird noises which include beeping, and tells me to "Reboot and Select proper Boot deivce or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." Also, a "Media test failure, check cable" Is any more information needed?

All help would be greatly appreciated :)

Favorite Answer

Make sure none of the external devices like pen/flash drive, scanner/printer, modem, wireless service, ethernet cable should not be plugged in, ie., disconnect all these external devices. Make sure there should not be any CD/DVD or floppy left in the drive. Now Turn off and then turn on the laptop and enter into bios by pressing either F2, F1, F9 or Delete key ( it depends on your manufacturer's which key they provide to enter into laptop, you need to try restart the pc everytime and keep tapping one key as F2 then try with F1 and so on). Try to make the Bios Default by F9 or F10, you will find the key for it written at the bottom once you enter into bios. Then save and exit by pressing either Escape or F10. Hope now it will detect your hard drive now and will boot from it. If it doesn't works then you have to repair your windows, or else take the backup of the data and then restore the whole system back to factory conditions. I would like to explain u why u r getting the message media test failure coz pc is not detecting the bootable media ie., hard disc. Its reading from some other media like floppy or external drive. Try it.