Afraid of Airplanes ?

Okay..so I'm not afraid of airplanes EXACTLY..just the toilets on them. I know it sounds REALLY weird and akward LOL but I'm pretty claustrophobic. I've been stuck on an elevator by myself, and ever since I was young I've hated putting on clothes that were tight around the neck hole and tight around like my ribs. I was always afraid I be stuck with my head halfway through the neck hole then I wouldn't be able to breathe and I'd die LOL....yeah and so the washrooms on airplanes are SO small!!! I hate their lock system too! I'm always afraid of getting stuck in that tiny ol' coop. But my flight is like 12 hours so I'll definitely have to go to the washroom at SOME point...whether to "go" or freshen up......I don't know what to do! I'm gonna get stuck in there LOL!!

Yeah I'm crazy and stubborn but my mind is convincing me all this stuff! The day I moved into an apartment, first day of school, took a deep breath, faced my fear of elevators and took it by myself...and got stuck LOL YEAH :( I wasn't afraid while I was in there, but for some reason I never took it again unless with a friend, and by myself I take the stairs everyday, 6 floors up and down. And the week after my sister at university went on the elevator with her friend and it dropped EIGHT FLOORS! They were fine but it just dropped and then they were stuck in it for half an hour!! AH!

don't know how to get over my fear :( Rly don't want to go on the airplane toilets ): );

Favorite Answer

You can't let fear keep you from going to the toilet in an airplane. You've got no choice but to go to the toilet when you need to. You won't get stuck in there. Trust me. I've been on airplanes more than a hundred and fifty times. It never happened to me or the other people on the plane.

You just have to take a deep breath and overcome your fears.

Just keep this in mind:

Having fear is normal. But, if you can't overcome your own fears, you are a LOSER.

• Deb

You can't get stuck as the cabin crew have emergency releases, in case of ill passengers etc. As for small spaces sometimes bathrooms on aircraft are different sizes, to accommodate baby changing etc, something you can google when you know which air craft you will be flying. 12 hours is a long time, and you will require a bathroom break. They are safe and you will be fine. They are not elevators although with turbulence you can get that dropping feeling. You can not fall out of the aircraft, so don't worry. Feel your fear and be proud that you overcame it.

I am afraid os airplane toilets because they stink! I also got stuck in a lift too many times! And once it was going up and down no stop! It took me ages to go back to a lift again. But you have to face it and do it. I am afraid of hights and funfairs are terror to me. So I avoid going there.

Go to a therapist. it might help.

just face ur fear