Why doesn't my netbook automatically make restore points?

So I recently bought an Acer Aspire One (Windows XP).

About every five days or so the system 'crashes' and deletes everything on my account, I tried going to restore points but Windows XP isn't making automatic restore points..

Can you tell me how to make Automatic Restore Points?

Also, is there a way to make the restore points more frequent?

I have a lot of word files and I seriously cannot lose them, or I'm dead. D:

Thanks a lot !

Favorite Answer

First of all, if you are experiencing a crash that often, you probably have a major virus!!!

Now, assuming you don't, here's what you do.

Go to START/ PROGRAMS/ ACCESSORIES/ SYSTEM/ SYSTEM RESTORE.

Once you run system restore, you can adjust the configuration, and create your own restore point.

I have NEVER had much luck with MS System Restore.

If you want to REALLY protect your system (once you know you don't have a virus), get yourself a copy of Norton Ghost 2010, and a cheep external USB or Firewire backup drive.

Ghost will make an EXACT image of your current hard drive.

Everyone thinks system restore will save them if their hard drive crashes ... NO!

Even if you backup your files on a daily basis, if your hard drive crashes, you still have to install every single program and the operating system, have all CD keys and passwords.

With an IMAGE of your hard drive, even if your hard drive crashes completely, you simply install a new drive, run Ghost from its bootable CD, select your image on your backup drive, and a hour or so later, you are back to EXACTLY how you were when you made the image.

SPEND THE MONEY ... You will thank me for it at some point!! I have used it at least 5 times and it has worked perfectly every single time.