Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 10 years ago

Why is the right click on my Laptop touch-pad not working?

I have a Toshiba Satellite A500. I've had it for a few months now, it's been running great. I've never spilt anything on it, or got food or anything in it or on it. It's been working perfect for me. Then, all of a sudden, my Right click on the laptop stopped working. It was working fine when I used it yesterday. ( I do have an alternate mouse, cordless. But it's not something you can always use. ) So, I was wondering if anyone know what the problem was.. And maybe knew if I could get it fixed or not. Or maybe it's a temporary thing? I don't know.. By the way, I have checked the mouse settings on my laptop, and they're fine. I don't understand why it's not working.

It would be great if someone could help.

Thnx.

• nikkai
    Favorite Answer

If it is only a few months old there may be an issue with the button switch

Have a very careful look to see if the right button is the same height as the left (depending on the touch pad fitted) if they are flush mounted then I would consult the Toshiba support site.

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/...

It could be just a driver error or it could be a hardware failure (the later I doubt but it could be possible)

To check the pad button go to the mouse properties and swap over the right to left actions then if the left button is the non working one you know that the actual pad button is OK and it is data error or driver error which can be rectified from the Toshiba site

If the button problems stays on the same button then it is a warranty repair IMHO