Does anyone else think that today's music sucks?

I always feel like a misfit! I'm so much different then other people. I am 22, and I LOVE rock and roll! I hate new music.

I love the music I listen to, but does anyone think it's weird that I listen to music much older than I am? Do I need to get with the times?!

Also, what's up with today's music? ughh

Favorite Answer

No. Music has evolved and changed, that doesn't mean it sucks. You can find bad music from any generation.

A large percent of it does, yes. Most "artists" now just use auto-tune and have no real talent whatsoever besides being "hot" or something like that. I mean, there are a few good artists now, but not many. I'm a teenage girl and it seems like people expect me to be a teeny-bopper and listen to crappy music, but i don't. In fact, i really love 80's and 90's music (also some from the 70's), that's basically all i listen to (Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Aaliyah, etc) with a few exceptions of artists out now. The music industry is really going downhill though, which is sad. But oh well, i'll always have my 80's and 90's music! Lol.

Yes! I am 13 and I hate new music. It's always the same type of crap in the charts these days, and they are all meaningless songs about sex, money or fame. I listen to old music too and I'm a lot younger than you, so i wouldn't say you're weird. You can listen to whatever music you like (:

Source(s): <3

I agree with you! Today's music is all about naughty things :|

Everyone i know loves whoever is new and i always feel out of place. I was born in 1996 yet i always listen to music from the 80's and 90's. Even though i wasnt alive in those times, i really want to expirience what it was like when GOOD songs got released. :D

Source(s): ladeda cant live without music :)
  • CC

I agree....I like to listen to old music to, like stuff from the 70s and 80s especially and I'm 30. I don't care too much for newer music, especially rap/hip hop.

I agree with you 100%! Music sucks today and thats why I listen to old music still!

• ikeda

i accept as true with u thoroughly! todays song has no soul! eccpecially that rap sh*t! what the f*** is soulja boy! some new song is tremendously sturdy yet its no longer as sturdy as song from th 60s and 70s. ive continually seen myself to have been born interior the incorrect technology. im purely like this sort of hippie. and im 13. im a extensive fan of the beatles, jimi hendrix, queen, poison, and all song from the 50s-90s. i wish i ought to circulate back to the 60s or 80s or 40s or according to threat even 20s. those cases regarded plenty exciting. and that i dont see what the super deal is with hannah montana and the jonas bros. theyre so gay! and theyre extra directed in direction of sons and daughters yet honestly everyone makes a huge deal approximately them.

i agree , music does suck these days with all thiskaty perry , kesha , and justin bieber ccraap . aand noo itsperfectly normal to listen to music thats 'much older than you are' . im 14 and i listen to the 90's and 80's r&b . hey its our taste we cant help ourselfes if we have a great taste in music (:

most def. i have been listening to a lot of 90s music lately. i'm glad i got to grow up during that time, it's really sad that kids today actually say that justin bieber is a good singer

Oh yea, 99% of today's music sucks.

I agree with you! I love 90s rap and R&B. I don't even bother with most of the rap out there now other than like a couple of rappers.