Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Internet/Television/Telephone service in Ontario?

I'm moving to Ontario in a while, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good media service providers. The biggest thing for me is having internet with unlimited bandwidth. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Yes. Bell Canada. They have just introduced Fibe TV, short for Fibre (optics) and it's the best TV, best internet and best phone service available. For one thing, Bell has the only phone service that is 100% reliable. For example, all other phone services run on battery systems. If the power is out for even several hours, the other systems go dead. Bell has power in their lines. Even in a prolonged power outage, Bell "landline" phones work. Their internet is very good and getting better all the time and Bell TV as it's now called, works over the "Fibe" line; no outside hardware (dish) required. Right now this system is not available everywhere, but they're getting there. Bell, as you likely know, built the networks and started fibre optic networks back in the 70's when Rogers was a very small cable company. Rogers is the big mouth in the business and known for overpromising and under-delivering and really bad customer service. Just tellin ya what I know. See bell.ca for more info.

p.s. Nobody offers "unlimited." They have to put caps in pllace so people dont have their services on 24/7.

Source(s): Long-time Bell customer who has tried other services and went back to Bell & I've recently read up on comparisons.

2

Source(s): Get Free Government Phones : http://freecellphones.iukiy.com/?AfCO

I worked for Bell Canada for over 28 years and as a technician and engineer tried my best to provide excellent service. But sometimes things happen that will put you out of service. Depending upon where you live, like a major metro center all of the service providers will have Commercial Power, Battery Back-up to run the system until emergency power can be restored. One office that I worked in had the capability of providing 5.4 megawatts of emergency AC power from generators to run the building. I live in a rural community and during the ice storm in 1998, we lost commercial power for 3 weeks, and we did lose land lines for a couple of days.

I have been a Bell Canada customer since 1971 and I get my cell service, landline service, satellite service and Internet service from them. I recommend that you move to the area, talk to your neighbours and find out how their service works, and pick the best supplier in that area. I know subscribers from all of the major service providers that will not change providers regardless of the cost.