Ar
Ar asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 10 years ago

We have nutrition information labels on water, why we don’t have it on drinks such as beer and wine?

Why we don’t have Nutrition Information/ ingredient labels on alcoholic drinks?

• Alyce
    Best Answer

Nutrition labels are prohibited on alcoholic beverages. My understanding of the reason for the ban is just the fact that you may have one on a label might make some people think that the alcoholic beverages are somehow good for you - and that it would provide justification to drink.

I do not think it is banned like Jonah said, in fact, most consumable product are required by law to put up nutrition labels while it is not required to do so for alcohol.

Some alcohol producer do put such labels but not as extensive as water/junk food/etc, such as Diageo, one of the biggest beverage company in the world. They own many distillers, include the "Talisker" scotch whisky, which I have here now and the back label says 25ml per serving and how many calorie per serving.

So I do not think it is banned.

The federal government requires nutrition labels on all food items but doesn't classify alcohol as a food because it must be regulated for other health and tax purposes.

Even the worst city water is going via extreme standards of purification (a minimum of in the western international), and despite the fact that bacteria is left after it particularly is relatively controlled via our wonderful human bodies. there's a reason you do not particularly pay attention of human beings dying of dysentery anymore. :) I drink plenty greater water than the final American, i'm valuable. besides, wine & beer are disgusting. I prefer vodka or bourbon, thank you. :)