Scenario: .44 mag revolver or .45 acp semi-auto pistol vs. grizzly bear?

Scenario 1: You are backpacking in bear country. You are charged by a 500 - 600 lb. GRIZZLY bear. You pull out your handgun to shoot, miss with the first 3 shots..... Which do you have more faith in stopping the bear? a. the remainder of your shots (likely 3) in your .44 magnum revolver (assuming 6 shots,... show more Scenario 1: You are backpacking in bear country. You are charged by a 500 - 600 lb. GRIZZLY bear. You pull out your handgun to shoot, miss with the first 3 shots..... Which do you have more faith in stopping the bear? a. the remainder of your shots (likely 3) in your .44 magnum revolver (assuming 6 shots, correct me if i'm wrong) or b. the remains shots (7 or more) in your .45 ACP semi-auto pistol. What if you miss 2 more shots and the 6th fails to stop the GRIZZLY, would you want the .45 ACP even if it's traditionally under-powered for the situation.

Scenario 2. Run the same scenario with a 300 lb. BLACK bear please.

Thank you.

I'm just wondering if it's better to have more shots with a weaker semi-automatic pistol or less shots with a more power revolver.
Update: Cane Toad Mutiny: Please answer my question as I have it in the scenario. Thank you.
Update 2: Alright Peter Griffin! You made some good points. Whatif your last revolver shot failed to stop the animal. Now what? Wood you be better of with the .45 ACP
Update 3: Thank you Middleton Resident!
Update 4: Thank you for the answer "Bob K"! I appreciate the time you put into the scenario. The scenario came up as I watched a video of a Grizzly. charging. In order for the bear to reach the person it had to weave around some big rocks and trees so the shooter wasn't getting the best shot at the bear.... show more Thank you for the answer "Bob K"! I appreciate the time you put into the scenario.

The scenario came up as I watched a video of a Grizzly. charging. In order for the bear to reach the person it had to weave around some big rocks and trees so the shooter wasn't getting the best shot at the bear. It wasn't until the bear was ~30 feet away that the shooter had a clear shot.

The other reason why I asked about a .45 ACP was that many people have them and may not buy a .44 revolver for the 1 or 2 times a year that they go to mountains.

I asked specifically about the black bear being that it's in the weight range of a large man. Why couldn't a .45 ACP take down a black bear then?