how do I keep skunks racoons and crows from tearing up my lawn?

I have skunks at night and crows in the day tearing up my lawn. what can I spread on the lawn that won't hurt it but will keep the pests off it?

Favorite Answer

they are going after insects in the turf. have you had grub problems in the past? take a knife and cut a patch of grass below the root line next to a couple of the holes. (you need to cut below the root line so the grass can re-root when you are done. see if there are any grubs there. if so, go to a garden store and get a granular insecticide, apply it to the turf, and water it in. It'll control the insects and take away the feeding source from the raccoons and crows. in the upper midwest there are two grub seasons with the late september one being worse than the june/july one.

• ?

I use a natural spray which is organic called "Deer Out" liquid fence. It smells like sulfur but it's natural as a barrier from pests in your landscape/lawn.

Source(s): my family uses natural repellents such as mentioned above
  • Moi

Nothing. I don't see why a crow would try up a lawn anyways.

Get a dog or alarm or dummy and a fence too.

Terry is right. It is definitely the grubs