Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

2 questions re jeans shopping nightmare - is anyone else two different sizes in waist and leg?

I spent hours today trying on jeans but can't find anything because I have a 10 waist and an 8 leg.

The 10 waist fits but the legs are like tents on me - the 8 legs are great but the waist can't close - no the 9's don't work either.

I'm a tall skinny chic.

The only brands that ever fit me are the cheapo' brands with high elastane but they fall apart very easily and lose shape so I'm after good quality this time.

Does anyone else have this problem or can recommend a good brand that would work for me??

P.S Yes in Australia.

Also do any other skinny girls find that they look too skinny in jeans -I look in the mirror and gasp sometimes!!

Favorite Answer

I know how you feel, but I'm the other way around, chunkier thighs than hips!

I think your best option is to buy a straight or skinny legged jean in a 10, because they tend to be slimmer as they go down, which would fit your waist nicely and not be too tight on your legs (which wouold solve your problem of looking too skinny in jeans too).

Either that or try to get on a short fashion course where you can learn how to sew and adjust your clothes to fit you perfectly : ) Hope this helps!

I have a size 0 waist and a 6 leg....Yes I feel your pain.....Usually I just get my Mom to make the waist tighter by sewing it...If there is no one in your house who can sew, get jeans with the adjustable waist.

yed