If Jesus forgives you if your HEART is with Christ?

What happened to the Christians in the crusades? Do you think they were truly saved, or did they just want to kill some people and used God as an excuse? Even if they were saved, and they killed all those people. Are they in Heaven?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

1 John 2:4

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jesus told us to repent(that is surrender our will to Christ) and believe(on his dying work for forgiveness). The devil mentally acknowledges Jesus, doesn't mean hes a Christian. We must repent and believe on Jesus Christ or were not saved.

• ?

The Christians in the Crusades and during the Inquisition actually killed a lot of other Christians and tortured them as well, for things like daring to own a bible in English. (The church was the "keeper of the truth" in those days so they kept the Bible in Latin so that the common people wouldn't have access to it). How anyone could think those who torture and kill innocent people would be rewarded in some way is a mystery. Mostly, during the crusades, they just stole the land, the money, the art and so forth of the people in other territories. That's how the church became so wealthy...that and selling indulgences. (Basically telling people that they could buy their way out of their sins and the sins of their loved ones) Their main cathedrals were built by the selling of indulgences to the poor...like St. Peter's Basilica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Peter's_Basilica

You are right- Jesus saves if you let him into your heart. And not just IN the heart, but as ruler of your heart. Believing that he died on the cross and rose again is not enough ( but it's the start, go to www.photosforsouls.com to find out more.), you need to make Jesus YOUR Lord, not just THE Lord. If you put Jesus in the driver's wheel, your old, sinful self dies on the cross that Jesus was stuck on. It may remain breathing for some time, but in a true Christian, it will die, and you will be rebuilt in Jesus' perfect likeness. And good deeds will RESULT from your salvation- read the book of James. This applies to me as I am a porn addict. But I repent, and Jesus is my Lord. Soon, his Grace will let me overcome. Read Romans Chapter 6 for Pauls views on this.

Bottom line, the Crusaders were false Christians. Jesus never ordered people killed, nor did he kill, rape,or loot. That's like banning fair elections in freedom's name.

Source(s): A Christian who repents for his lust

Were they christian? I thought they were members of a secret society. When did Jesus teach that we are to kill our enemies? Those who kill in the name of Christ must be counterfeit. All part of the Illuminate I think, and what goes around comes around - history repeats - New World Order. Mmmmh! Time will tell. Are they in heaven? I doubt it.

• ?

Excuse to kill non like kind and rid the world of what (they) felt was an abomination. Who knows maybe they were incarnated into people like Hitler.

• B F

Ecclesiastes 3:8

...a time for war and a time for peace.

They just wanted to kill people. They are just dead.

Jesus doesn't forgive anybody. When we die he will roast our souls and eat them.

They made their history, we are making ours.