Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 10 years ago

I pulled all the stuffing out of my cast and now I can take it off?

I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and I have on a fiberglass cast, but tonight there was a bit of fluff hanging out of it so I pulled it and the gauzey stuff all started unravelling and it all came out. So now I just have a shell of a cast and its really loose so I took it off and my wrist felt ok but it hurt when I bent it down or too far to the side. I still have 3 weeks left in the cast. I put it back on but its real loose now. What should I do? If I tell my mom she's gunna flip sh*t.

Update:

Thanks! I tried the ace bandage but It wouldnt fit. I'll try the cotton balls though!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

if you have an ace bandage or just a roll of gauze wrap your wrist and try to slide the shell back on and hopefully it will be tighter, if its still a little loose then stuff a few cotton balls or tissues into it to make it snug. don't get it wet and don't pull at it haha

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Tell your mom ASAP. You need to have the cast replaced or at least get a brace for it. You do not want to ruin your wrist for the rest of your life because you goofed up and are too afraid to tell your mom.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.