Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 10 years ago

I pulled all the stuffing out of my cast and now I can take it off?

I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and I have on a fiberglass cast, but tonight there was a bit of fluff hanging out of it so I pulled it and the gauzey stuff all started unravelling and it all came out. So now I just have a shell of a cast and its really loose so I took it off and my wrist felt ok but it hurt when I bent it down or too far to the side. I still have 3 weeks left in the cast. I put it back on but its real loose now. What should I do? If I tell my mom she's gunna flip sh*t.

Thanks! I tried the ace bandage but It wouldnt fit. I'll try the cotton balls though!

Favorite Answer

if you have an ace bandage or just a roll of gauze wrap your wrist and try to slide the shell back on and hopefully it will be tighter, if its still a little loose then stuff a few cotton balls or tissues into it to make it snug. don't get it wet and don't pull at it haha

Tell your mom ASAP. You need to have the cast replaced or at least get a brace for it. You do not want to ruin your wrist for the rest of your life because you goofed up and are too afraid to tell your mom.