Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 10 years ago

If a person from Pakistan is called Pakistani, isn't a person from Afghanistan called Afghani ?

Its so simple and logical...the Greeks just don't get it.

Update:

Zack/Rainman...is that your PROOF ? the spellchecker ? I laugh at such petty insolence ! lollolol

Update 2:

Rainman/Zack, then prove me wrong, with proof...not my logic or your logic.

Update 3:

_______________________________Al-Mahdi...you seem knowledgeable...so it IS Afghani, right ? Not Afghan ?

Update 4:

Susan, you don't even speak Afghani...Don't you speak Dari and Greek ?

Sima, sorry :) Salaam alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh

Update 5:

_______________________Swati, thanks for clarifying that, you are a CHAMPION ! Rainman, sit down.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

we call ourselves Afghani, but there are people who call us Afghan. Afghan = Pashtun.

Source(s): Pashtun Blooded
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Susan
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Abdul go to Aghanistan and to an Afghan person and ask them

Shuma Afghani asten

"You all are Afghani?"

they will laugh at you

You think you know the language better then we do?

lmao retard

Dari is the language Afghans speak

and some speak pashto

there is no language called Afghani

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

because istan (comes from ustan) means the land of. And Afghanistan it means the land of the Afghans , and Afghans are a race of people, so you just refer to them by their heritage which is Afghani.

But for Pakistan the case is different. Pak means clean/pure. So Pakistan means the land of clean/purity. So you can't say a **** because it would literally mean a pure person. where as afghan would refer to the heritage and race of someone from Afghanistan (the land of afghans) you say Pakistani for someone from Pakistan meaning (some one from the land of pure)

hope this helps

salam

• 3 years ago

What a awful suggestion to offer them a sparkling united states. What for? To play with extra harmless lives with absolute freedom on your reported Pashtunastan?at the beginning see waht actually the priority is. this could properly be a concern created via u . s . of america and its allies. They bribed muslim clerics to get 'Fatwas for Jihad' and accrued 'muslaim Jihadis' from international extensive to combat against Russia for u . s . of america and allies in Afganistan. a unethical ordinary of Pakistan military Gen. Zia-ul-Haq who burnt alive later and nonetheless burning interior the hell, (thats what i'm specific) toppled peoples elected government in Pakistan via u . s . of america and allies and to close the mouths of Pakistani politicians up, he hanged Bhutto. After defeating Russia the allied forces left Afgansitan unattended which led to concern of terrorism for Pakistan as properly as relax of the international. This became into the predicted fall out the political management and intelligentia have been preserving yet they weren't listend at that factor. whilst scuffling with against u . s . of america and its allied forces the Islamic Militants are following an identical 'Fatwas' via muslim clerics that have been as quickly as interior the favour of u . s . of america and allies. lower back u . s . of america and allies accompanied an irrational thank you to curb this concern yet of path with a purpose in the back of. Now they bought yet another ordinary of Pakistan military (Musharaf) to help them accomplishing their objectives. The universally admitted appropriate and only thank you to unravel such issues is to apply diplomatic channel which never fails while you're elementary. we ought to continually enable UNO to play its place. u . s . of america will earnings not something out of conflict fields different than hate for individuals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

someone from Germany is a German

from Italy is an Italian

from Spain is a Spaniard.

There is no rhyme or reason to the English language.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

they aree called afghani, but some people also call them afghans. but i think the correct term is afghani, it sounds better. an afghan is a type of blanket..lmao

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not really

A person from Irani is called Iranian. not Iraniani

Where's your salaam, brother?

As'salamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not necessarily, that's like saying people from China are Chini LOL

• 10 years ago

i guess it could be, but we tend to call them afghans, no i just afghan, but yes pakistani would be correct i think, but not afghani, lol, wen i typed in afghani it said it was speled wrong, the spell checker said afghan so theres your answer

• 10 years ago

well not actually. this is a usual urdu grammatical mistake.

people from afghanistan will be called afghan not afghani. but from pakistan will be called pakistani.

just like people from hindustan will be called hindu and not hindi. and people from bangladesh will be called bangali not bangal.

its urdu gramer dude. even pakist dont know it LOL!!!

PIECES!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.