Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What's a good Young Adult Novel/book for me?

I like to read, but lately, I can't find anything good. I read things like...

Daniel X

Eregon series by Christopher Paolini

Hunger Games, Catching Fire

Saga of Darren Shan (Cirque Do Freak, Vampire's Assistant, Vampire Prince, ect...)

Harry Potter

Pendragon

Gone Series By Michael Grant

Double Identity by James Patterson

Percy Jackson And The Olympians

Do u know any books I might find intresting?

Ok, Besides the hunger games.

• ?
    Best Answer

Have you read the Maximum Ride series? They are SO good. Also, they are written by James Patterson, who you said you like.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy is AMAZING. I wouldnt really read this though unless you are over 14, or are ok with some quite gorey bits.

Also, what about the Alex Rider books? My brother loves these.

Random books:

The Lake House by James Patterson

Thieves Like Us by Stephen Cole

Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong

The Mortal Instruments Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

Gone by Micheal Grant

Vampire Diaries Series by L. J. Smith

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan

Those are all I can think of atm. Hope I helped :)

Source(s): Self confessed BOOK WORM!! :)

I suggest the series of books called His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman. I know these books get a lot of bad talk for being anti-religious, but that is usually from people who have not read them, so if you have heard this, I urge you to at least sample one of them before judging. They are similar to Harry Potter in that they have fleshed-out and somewhat realistic characters in a quasi-fantastical setting. However, the backgrounds of the characters are more fleshed-out, with social and cultural differences highlighted. Also, and this is the thing I love the most, the books can be read in two ways. You can either read them entirely on the surface, and they are incredibly entertaining, or you can read them in detail and spend hours analyzing them. There is just enough detail and personality in the descriptions to be engrossing but not boring. The New York Times even included them in a list of 100 Books to Read Before You Die.

The books are as follows.

The Golden Compass

The Subtle Knife

The Amber spyglass

Well the two best books to me on your list are Harry Potter and Percy Jackson these are very great books and i advise that you choose carefully if your more of a wizard liking person then Harry Potter and if your into Greek mythology the Percy Jackson they're both to me thriller and suspense books along with mythical of course and whatever series you don't' pick read it after you read the one that you do choose. I hope i was of some assistance to you.

Rick Riordan (author of Percy Jackson) has started a new series called The Kane Chronicles. The only book from it that is out so far is the first one. It's called The Red Pyramid. It's kind of similar to Percy Jackson, except it is about Egyptian gods instead of Greek ones.

Source(s): I read a lot

Gregor the Overlander! Great action, 5 or 4 books long (can't remember), kinda has that same feeling of the Percy Jackson Books. has a slow romance thing like the percy jackson's too and is slightly more mature (12-15 maybe)

The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

A Separate Peace

Try other books by James Patterson if you like his books.

Hope this helps and happy reading !

I love The Hunger Games series. The final book, Mockingjay will be released on the 24th.

UGH I was gonna say Hunger Games or Harry Potter cause those are my favorite books but you already have them on there :*(

MOCKINGJAY!! When it comes out... August 24th peeta+katniss woo

White Cat by Holly Black. I think you would like it based on what you put here

The Drake sisters series by Christine Feehan

answer mine???

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aj...

Are you into ebooks? Try Smashwords for 'The Long Way Home' - it's a good read.