Should yahoo keep the right to remove posts without consultation to the user?

Recently I've been reading and answering and at times I highly suspect that certain posts have been removed from my list, perhaps we should request a better numbering system by yahoo since they are not living up to FCC rules and regulations if they attempt to alter any information, at least that was the impression I was under. Right or wrong

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly enough. FCC (federal communications commissions) requires that our rights be respected, so same applies to yahoo to uphold its prejudice removal of comments, speaking of a clear case where I saw my posts being played around with because I was defending our right to take a stand and stop the abusive use of our emotional feelings in regards to Jews, they quite frankly should be placed among good people so that they may start a healing process, they've grouped them all together to form a group of individuals who've harbored anger, hatred and thought they were God's chosen.

This comment was removed because the one reading the posts was Jewish, same as posts in regards to Xmas tree's, and it's not xmas it's Christmas tree. Got it?

Favorite Answer

They do have that right, and those posts, are often cited by people who have read them, and don't think they belong on Y/As. So they list them as breaking the rules.

You should have been notified that your post was removed. And the reason why it was.

It's one of those things, that seems a bit iffy to me, if one person complains, is that enough to take the post down.

Some posts are pretty obvious if they are racist or sexist, or spam, etc.

You could look over the post you made and see if you could word it differently. But Yahoo, is in charge, it's their service and you agreed to the terms they posted.

So not much you can do about it.

I don't think the FCC has rules about this sort of thing, it's up to the ISP and Yahoo, to make their own rules.

Yes Yahoo do have the right to remove any question or answer they wish Its their site and as far as I am concerned they do notify a user with a violation notice with the opportunity of appeal. However Yahoo should not forget that without us users there would be no site . I have had both questions and answers removed and despite appeals some were not reinstated without a proper reason given thus making it possible to make the same "mistake" over and over again . If there are more violations than Yahoo can reasonably cope with then they should hire more staff as without we users Yahoo would have nothing.

What we must remember is that this is a privately run venue, soley run and operated by Yahoo! It is within their right to remove or alter anything, at their own discretion.

Freedom of Speech or Expression does not apply here. Just as you cannot stand in the middle of IBM and say things to **** them off, neither so can we here.

We may not like that fact, but that's the way it is.

Yahoo owns the site they say what goes and remember yahoo has it own views so if they like the post it stays if they dislike its getting removed, can be quite annoying when a genuine answer or question been posted

I believe this would come under the "no harm, no fault" ruling. But since it is their game and your ball, well, it is in your rights to take your ball and go home.

Yes. They have the right to do so. I have no problems with it. They are just doing their job and keeping us safe.

yes they have the right to remove posts without your okay.

Well its their site so they do as they please. What pisses me off is when some loser maliciously reports your valid question and Yahoo deletes it without even reading it.

it's okay with me