Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 10 years ago

How could a person "hate" the Olympics?

I know a few. However, I personally love the olympics. Best two weeks out of every two years if you asked me.

It's all about the absolute best athletes from all over the world competing in one competition.

For those who don't like the the olympics, why not just change the channel?

It's not really like there is someone sitting in your home with a gun telling you to watch or die (otherwise, there would be probably cause to hate the olympics I guess).

How can you hate it?

Favorite Answer

Well I'm not sure they "hate" the olympics, they probably dislike what it represents. Or maybe they are just not interested at all. I'm not sure who wouldn't like honest competition.

Many people think that the Olympics are about the money than the athletes, and create a "2 week party" that can damage the environment and a nonproductive way to spend a billion dollars. It's always about money to people. They probably feel like money could be spent else where like aid for third world countries, helping the homeless, food bank, or local issues that host city faces (to name a few). Maybe it could, but the Olympics has purpose. It's really the IOC who gets the bad press, but that shouldn't be the focus anyway.

I agree, it should be about the athletes. As an athlete and 2014 hopeful, the Olympics and a possible medal are the reward of years of sacrifice and training. If the olympics don't exist, there would be less people getting active in sports. The athletes should be the focus. We should be teaching the youth of the world to get active and have a dream and strive for it. I wouldn't have been inspired to become an athlete had I not watch the Olympics. The Olympics brings the world together and creates an atmosphere of peace, if only for 2 weeks. I think that's nice. That's my cheesy Canadian opinion :)

• Ryan T

If there is anything I don't like about the olympics, its that the window of opportunity for the athletes to be able to compete is so small that's hard to follow individuals over time.

I can't think of any good reasons to hate the Olympics but I can imagine some people:

A. hate how it preempts normally scheduled broadcasting

B. are jealous over others super athletic abilities

C. think their favorite sport/game should be in it when it's not.

Like I said, no real good reasons there but I'm just trying to get inside other minds. I'm a real novice olympics watcher, I like the Gold medal Basketball final, Gold medal 100-yard dash, and Gold medal ice hockey final.

Now the World Cup is one amazing event that I prefer to watch. Everyone gets behind their country and plays or cheers their heart out.

i've got faith it rather is a racist assertion additionally. only think of how a white flesh presser could be vilified if he have been to make statements referencing "wide-unfold black human beings". by using fact of our previous historic past in this united states of america related to race family there now exists a double commonplace. there's a thought held by applying many that all white everybody is racist in some regard no rely if or no longer they're going to admit it or no longer. the comparable human beings have faith that minorities are no longer racist, yet are rather only reacting to all the years of oppression. once you couple this with the experience of guilt some human beings sense in our society related to previous historic past it turns into an quite effective gadget to discredit the competition whilst issues are no longer likely the way you go with for them too. Now it could be silly to disclaim that racism does no longer nevertheless exist by using fact it actual does, however the final public do no longer prepare or condone such habit. human beings ask are we waiting for a minority President in this united states of america. i've got faith the respond is definite, yet we'd desire to consistently provide up all the pointless rates of racism and agree that we are all only human beings and pores and skin colour determines no longer something. A minority President might desire to be waiting to symbolize all the human beings somewhat and the human beings might desire to have confidence that this could be case, yet neither can ensue if the candidate in question isn't prepared to demonstrate the optimum ethical and ethical standards in this section. meaning you may no longer proceed institutions with obtrusive racists and you may no longer make racist statements. Martin Luther King mentioned it superb whilst he mentioned that he believed everyone might desire to be judged by applying the content cloth of their character and not the colour of their pores and skin. all of us might desire to re-analyze and take a lesson from this truism.

Hate? A strong word. Dislike, not care for, etc.., why not? I don't care to watch the Olympics or care if they're even held..

i love the olympics. Some may think its a waist of areworld natural resorces and money for no good reson.

Everyone's different... some people don't like sports.

They probably like dumb sports like American football, baseball, and basketball.