Did Calgary prove themselves to be the best in the league?

I know some people will say that they were only playing Edmonton, but that's the point. Calgary was supposed to win and ended up breaking two records in the process; most points ever scored against Edmonton and biggest margin of victory against Edmonton. I think the fact that Calgary did exactly what they are supposed to do is what makes them great. They've already beat the Riders and their only loss is to the surprising Argo's.

Which leads me to Montreal. Considering that Montreal and Calgary have both lost, do you agree that Calgary is the best in the league?

If not, who is? (nothing wrong with being a homer, but you better own it if you are)

Favorite Answer

So, I disagree that Calgary is the best of the league. I think that they are equal to Montreal.

Don't get me wrong, 5-1 is a great start, but lets look at the wins. Winnipeg, Hamilton, and BC were all one touchdown or less games. Toronto at Week 1 and Sask were blowouts. So, they could have been 2-4 and they have yet to play Montreal. So, I reserve stating that they are the best in the league.

They are a great team and have began putting it all together, but so is Montreal and Sask. But in sports, you could have a great start but bomb out (look at Montreal some years back). Montreal I would say is equal to Calgary and we will not be able to see them play until Week 14. Such a shame.

ill own up to it and say im a homer, but yes i say they have because they have the best record in the league, and that only loss was a game they should have won, and they abosulutely dominated edmonton, and dominated saskatchewan on top of that have found ways to win ugly and have the best d in the league and one of the top offense in the league that is really starting to heat up and have the highest point differential in the league so like i said they are the best and i believe its a calgary/toronto or calgary/hamilton grey cup

I just have a hard time saying that. I cant say that until they beat the Riders at Taylor Field later in the season. Even after that you will not hear me say that until Calgary wins the cup which in my opinion wont happen.

EDIT: Bronz I leave tomorrow morning on a camping trip with some of my buddies, could I just email you my weeks picks?

You can't say they are the best until they have played Montreal. The Riders played them twice and won once, and just barely lost the second. At this point they are the best, but they aren't unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination

Out of my league how? i do no longer know, he'd could be exciting. I actual have fallen for a guy i did no longer before everything discover eye-catching, yet now i come across him the main well liked project ever. a number of my acquaintances discover him somewhat grotesque, yet i think of they're loopy.