How do 'American Eagle' jeans fit? Big or small?

I wanted to order some online as the closest AE store to me is 7 hours away :(

I usually take a 5 but had to buy a 7 at Garage in Canada for their "jeggings" which are made smaller.

I take 5 in Bongo, SWS, and Urban Planet (not sure if those are only canadian stores)

What size should I get? Should I follow the size chart or order a size up?

Also, do you reccommend their jeans?

Thanks!

• Devynn
    Favorite Answer

As far as I've heard the skinny jeans run a size small as well as the skinny jean shorts. Check out the reviews on each of the jeans, those help a lot when ordering. Also measure yourself and choose the size that matches your measurements.

I don't wear jeans but I have tried on their jeans when my friend made me. The artist style is really comfortable and fits true to size. I am not a fan of skinny jeans but my friends all love them.

American Eagle Jeans Sizing

American Eagle runs large. I'm usually a 0 or a 2 but at AE I was a 00. If your a size 5, go with a 4. You can always return them if your not satisfied. If you need the jeans quickly, buy one a size up and another a size down and then return the ill-fitting pair.

If your ordering jeggings, they stretch, so you should definitely fit into a size 4 for jeggings (AE sizes are multiples of 2: 00, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, etc..)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What size should...

Source(s): 39 american eagle 39 jeans fit big small: https://shortly.im/vCWJu
  • Rayne

They run big, when I bought some american eagle jeans I was a size 5 and got a size 4 at the store they fit just fine. These jeans weren't my favorite I preferred my Old Navy Jeans so much better fitting. :)

AE makes each pair individually so each pair fits a bit differently, at least this is what the person working there told me when I asked. It kind of makes buying online a crap shoot, but you can always buy two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit ( they allow you to return to store too ). Their jeans also stretch out a bit, so I would go with the ones that are snug. I've bought before where they fit me absolutely perfect and they stretched out too big after a few days

• ?

I love AE jeans. They are really the only jeans I wear. So comfy and made of good material. But you may want to get a size smaller, they rn kind of big. I wear a size 3 in most jeans, but I have to wear a 2 in AE and it's a little big. I wouldn't go out in an AE size 2 without a belt.

I find that from American Eagle it really depends on the style of the jean... I currently have some size 8 jeans from American Eagle that fit as well as some up to size 14! I wear a size 10 in their shorts, 12 in dress pants, and 12 or 14 in jeans.. It really depends on the style! I find it to be nearly impossible to order pants from them online because I have no clue what size to get...

• Lorien

You can't really say like for me the American Eagle fit better because with Abercrombie or Hollister the thighs always fit but the waist is way to big so i end up wearing a belt, but if your fairly puportionate then you should be fine with abercrombie or hollister :)

Love AE jeans. The artist stretch jeans are so comfortable and I am a size 4, but I am a size 8 in the AE skinny jeans..

Good luck!