How do 'American Eagle' jeans fit? Big or small?

I wanted to order some online as the closest AE store to me is 7 hours away :(

I usually take a 5 but had to buy a 7 at Garage in Canada for their "jeggings" which are made smaller.

I take 5 in Bongo, SWS, and Urban Planet (not sure if those are only canadian stores)

What size should I get? Should I follow the size chart or order a size up?

Also, do you reccommend their jeans?

Thanks!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Devynn
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As far as I've heard the skinny jeans run a size small as well as the skinny jean shorts. Check out the reviews on each of the jeans, those help a lot when ordering. Also measure yourself and choose the size that matches your measurements.

I don't wear jeans but I have tried on their jeans when my friend made me. The artist style is really comfortable and fits true to size. I am not a fan of skinny jeans but my friends all love them.

• 4 years ago

American Eagle Jeans Sizing

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

American Eagle runs large. I'm usually a 0 or a 2 but at AE I was a 00. If your a size 5, go with a 4. You can always return them if your not satisfied. If you need the jeans quickly, buy one a size up and another a size down and then return the ill-fitting pair.

If your ordering jeggings, they stretch, so you should definitely fit into a size 4 for jeggings (AE sizes are multiples of 2: 00, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, etc..)

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do 'American Eagle' jeans fit? Big or small?

I wanted to order some online as the closest AE store to me is 7 hours away :(

I usually take a 5 but had to buy a 7 at Garage in Canada for their "jeggings" which are made smaller.

I take 5 in Bongo, SWS, and Urban Planet (not sure if those are only canadian stores)

What size should...

Source(s): 39 american eagle 39 jeans fit big small: https://shortly.im/vCWJu
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rayne
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They run big, when I bought some american eagle jeans I was a size 5 and got a size 4 at the store they fit just fine. These jeans weren't my favorite I preferred my Old Navy Jeans so much better fitting. :)

• 6 years ago

AE makes each pair individually so each pair fits a bit differently, at least this is what the person working there told me when I asked. It kind of makes buying online a crap shoot, but you can always buy two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit ( they allow you to return to store too ). Their jeans also stretch out a bit, so I would go with the ones that are snug. I've bought before where they fit me absolutely perfect and they stretched out too big after a few days

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I love AE jeans. They are really the only jeans I wear. So comfy and made of good material. But you may want to get a size smaller, they rn kind of big. I wear a size 3 in most jeans, but I have to wear a 2 in AE and it's a little big. I wouldn't go out in an AE size 2 without a belt.

• 1 decade ago

I find that from American Eagle it really depends on the style of the jean... I currently have some size 8 jeans from American Eagle that fit as well as some up to size 14! I wear a size 10 in their shorts, 12 in dress pants, and 12 or 14 in jeans.. It really depends on the style! I find it to be nearly impossible to order pants from them online because I have no clue what size to get...

• Lorien
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

You can't really say like for me the American Eagle fit better because with Abercrombie or Hollister the thighs always fit but the waist is way to big so i end up wearing a belt, but if your fairly puportionate then you should be fine with abercrombie or hollister :)

• 6 years ago

Love AE jeans. The artist stretch jeans are so comfortable and I am a size 4, but I am a size 8 in the AE skinny jeans..

Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.