What is more important: Mental love OR Physical love(who do i pick).?

My meaning to my question is: There is this guy that lives in L.A. while i live here in Windsor, ON and me and him have known each other for like 3 years and have dated for 1yr and 3months (he sent me this pink sapphire ring for our one year anniversary) but we ended up breaking up because of the distance and became close friends we still talk everyday and say "i love mwah bye" before we hang up the phone, and if i were to not be with anyone else he is willing to come all the way over from LA to come and see me to see if we get along as well as we do not in person...BUT heres the thing i could accept that but i met this guy that lives here he treats me well and everything but ive only known him for a month and a few days and hes an ok guy and all but its like no matter how hard i try im still sort of thinking about the guy from LA but i know if i give this new guy some more time other then just a month and a few days it could be better. So basically: Who do I pick.? =/

Favorite Answer

Depends on what matters most to you. Keep in mind, if you saw the guy from LA every day, you might not be as enamored by him. Distance lets us fill in the gaps with fantasy.

You SHOULD have both! If not, you will always be in this predicament. You will not be satisfied with either. But.... mental usually last longer because the physical infatuation feeling DOES fade over time and all you are left with is an empty bed. Hope that helps!