If I have my 'Engineer In Training' but no engineering degree will I be considered for the same positions?

What I have in the title basically says it. I am currently finishing my environmental science degree (with focus on physical sciences: chemistry, geology, etc.), so I have the mind to be an engineer - I will have no trouble in finishing my exams to put me on par with an environmental engineering graduate. So... show more What I have in the title basically says it.

I am currently finishing my environmental science degree (with focus on physical sciences: chemistry, geology, etc.), so I have the mind to be an engineer - I will have no trouble in finishing my exams to put me on par with an environmental engineering graduate.

So I can write my exams through the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (the ones they deem I will be lacking after completion of my degree) after which I will be granted my E.I.T. (engineer in training). I was just wondering what you guys think of this, if there are any employers on here it would be a definite plus!!!

I am just wondering, is it that once you get the E.I.T. you are on par with everyone else with it, or will my educational background put me at a disadvantage.

If anyone has any insight it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
1 answer 1