Question about my hard disk? HELP?

I'm on a friends computer.. but last night on my PC (which was a HP operating on a Windows Vista Home Premium) I decided to go in and delete everything on my hard disk because I may be selling the computer soon. I used Darik's Boot and Nuke or DBAN ... I burned the program on a CD ROM, popped it in and it took about 13 hours total and it cleared my hard disk.

Now what do I do? Can I get it to reboot and start over? How do I do this? Everytime I try, it just takes me back to the DBAN screen. Help please???

Favorite Answer

Take out the DBAN disc, and restart it either with the recovery DVD that came with the computer, or the recovery partition on the hard drive  (You didn't wipe that as well, did you?)  Your computer manual will tell you how to access the recovery partition.

If you want Vista to load, you're going to have to reinstall. If you want to sell the computer without an OS on it, then you're good to go!

good luck!

sounds like you wiped it clean. you'll need a vista disk to reinstall

That's it, you're done. You're ready to sell the computer.

What exactly are you trying to do now?