Question about installing Windows 7 Operating System?

So about a week ago, I completely wiped my hard drive clean with a program called DBAN. Before the wipe, I had a Windows Vista operating system on my PC. I'm pretty sure Vista was the default system on the PC. Well, I want to purchase Windows 7 and install it on my computer so I can get up and running again. So correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll need to buy the FULL Windows 7 Operating System..correct? And then if I do so, it will install on my PC and I can use it again. Anything else I should do? Like I said, my hard drive is completely wiped..thanks.

If you don't want to buy an operating system like XP,Vista or 7 then you can consider putting a Linux distribution on the computer, like Ubuntu or Fedora Core or SuSE. These operating systems are down-loadable and you can burn an ISO image to a cd/dvd and boot into a live cd to try it out.If you like one of them then just choose the install option to install Linux on the computer for free.of you can have both on the same hdd (dual boot)many how to's on the web .good luck in whatever you choose to do.

• bembry

Yeah you desire the finished version of domicile windows 7. you extremely would not have wipe the entire rigidity with the aid of fact domicile windows 7 would have permit you put in to OS and it would erase each little thing despite if it would have saved your drivers. Now you need to discover the drivers on your hardware considering the fact which you wont have sound or information superhighway and in case you have a photos card it is going to use your onboard video with the aid of fact the image card does not have the driving force.

• S

Yes you will need the "Retail" version. Microsoft is responsible for the updates and service then. You will use the" custom" install since there is no OS in place. A "OEM" version is available for system builders, ie. HP, Dell etc. They are responsible for the support. The "Full" (retail) version is easier on the consumer, it works for you. Hope it helps.

• Alex

You can't buy a partial copy of Windows 7, so yes, you will need to buy the FULL version of Windows 7. You can just buy a key and download the .iso from the Microsoft website and burn it to a cd/ dvd or a USB Flashdrive.

yes, you will have to buy a full version of win7. You will be glad you got away from the vista of doom