Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

What do you think about the immigration of hispanics?

This is not a racist question for starters. I have a Civics class and I want to know what people think about all the immigration this going on. In my class our teacher got on the subject about how all the hispanics are coming over here and how does them coming over here effect our economy. Well we had some students say that they liked it and that it didn't effect our economy and then we had other students say that they didnt like it and that it was pretty sad that us Amercains have lived here all our lives and we can barely get help from the governmnet and they can come over here and get all the help in the world and get all this free stuff and its not fair. Me personally I dont care about it.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Why is your so-called assignment only about Hispanics? Hispanic immigration is great and it has contributed to American in many many ways.

-----------------------------------------

Hispanics, the Largest U.S. Minority, Enrich the American Mosaic

They contribute tradition, creativity and innovation to U.S. society

Washington — Hispanics, the largest and fastest-growing minority in the United States, are changing American society and culture.

Hispanics “have enriched our culture and brought creativity and innovation to everything from sports to the sciences and from the arts to our economy,” said President Obama in his National Hispanic Heritage Month proclamation. “The story of Hispanics in America is the story of America itself. The Hispanic community’s values — love of family, a deep and abiding faith, and a strong work ethic — are America’s values.”

POLITICS

Latinos fill several top positions in the U.S. government, including Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar. (See “Sotomayor Confirmed as Newest Supreme Court Justice.”)

ENTERTAINMENT AND CULTURE

The United States has the world’s fifth-largest Spanish-speaking population. More and more products, advertising and media — both English and Spanish — are targeted to Hispanic consumers, whose purchasing power is projected to grow to $1.2 trillion by 2012. (See “U.S. Businesses Court Increasingly Affluent Hispanic Consumers.”)

SPORTS

Many Latinos have become U.S. sports heroes, like baseball players Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez and Alex Rodriguez. More than 25 percent of players in Major League Baseball (MLB) are from Latin American countries. Nine Latinos have been inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame; the first was Puerto Rico’s Roberto Clemente, who died in a 1972 airplane crash while delivering humanitarian supplies to Nicaraguan earthquake victims. (See “Roberto Clemente: A Life Lost but Not Forgotten“ and “U.S. Baseball Stars Honored for Helping Dominican Town Rebuild.”)

Read More: http://www.america.gov/st/peopleplace-english/2009...

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Im now not an american nor am i a hispanic i don't even are living in America Well Im arabic however nonetheless i concept approximately talking to this matter Both facets have their unhealthy disorders As for the Americans they aren't fairly racist handiest the Nazis however they aren't the truly americans however the americans that protest in opposition to illegals are paranoid and worry that hispanic language or some thing else takes over im paranoid too thats why i fully grasp them just a little As for Hispanics they're disrespectful why Lets take a well instance Imagine you're dwelling in a residence and any person comest to seek advice from your position and you have got your regulations however he dont comply with them adequate perhaps thats adequate but if he even attempts to make you comply with his regulations at your PLACE no no thats now not well and im sincere right here thats so low and pathetic i imply within the hispanics case whne AMericans transfer to Spain they are trying to comply with their tradition however Hispanics don't in America Also what i noticed whilst whatever from a different nation created will get fashionable with hispanic men and women the attempt to declare the foremost language of that sequence to spanish they usually dont also have the correct to try this The pleasant answer is Hispanic will have to be trained english the Hostory isn't fairly essential and the Hispanic will have to recognize the Americans as visitors after which i feel the Americans will quit the detest however sadly no person could concentrate to what i say *sighs*

• 9 years ago

I think legal Hispanic immigration is a positive influence on our country. New skills and ideas are what have kept the US standard of living second to none. Illegal immigration of Hispanics, or anyone else, is a completely different matter. They pay virtually no taxes, yet overload the social service systems. Schools, hospitals, law enforcement, and other services cannot handle the stress and strain illegals put on their budgets and personnel. Illegals keep wages depressed due to their working for much less than citizens, and employers take advantage, knowing they are reluctant to get involved with government agencies.

• 9 years ago

Hotwater wrote:"Why is your so-called assignment only about Hispanics? Hispanic immigration is great and it has contributed to American in many many ways.

--------------------------------------…

Hispanics, the Largest U.S. Minority, Enrich the American Mosaic

They contribute tradition, creativity and innovation to U.S. society

Washington — Hispanics, the largest and fastest-growing minority in the United States, are changing American society and culture.

------------------Too bad the article doesn't point out that this growth is due largely to ILLEGAL immigration and births to illegal aliens.

Hispanics “have enriched our culture and brought creativity and innovation to everything from sports to the sciences and from the arts to our economy,” said President Obama in his National Hispanic Heritage Month proclamation. “The story of Hispanics in America is the story of America itself. The Hispanic community’s values — love of family, a deep and abiding faith, and a strong work ethic — are America’s values.”

-------------------Sure, American values, EXCEPT respect for the law.

Tell you what--ask your classmates what they would think about it if the teacher made rules, but only enforced them for some and not for others. Ask your friends what they'd think if they bought tickets to an event (concert, sporting event, whatever) and some people sneaked in or jumped ahead of them in line.

Some of them may be perfectly OK with it--and you can pretty well bet that those are illegal aliens themselves or the children of illegal aliens.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

In your question, the correct words are: affect (which is a verb as you mean it).

You don't say whether you are referring to hispanics that legitimately arrive from many Spanish-speaking countries by going through the legal, government-approved immigration process or the ones that are sneaking over the US border with Mexico which makes them illegal. The illegals are queue-jumping and that has to annoy those trying to emigrate to the US legally.

• 9 years ago

WELL FOR STARTERS THEY SHOULDN'T BE TEACHING ABOUT RACISM IS SCHOOLS. BUT TO ANSWER YOU RE QUESTION : I AM HALF WHITE HALF MEXICAN AND I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE CAME TO THIS COUNTRY TO PROVIDE A BETTER LIFE FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND DON'T RECEIVE HELP FROM THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DON'T HELP ILLEGALS SO THE ECONOMY IS THE WAY IT IS DO TO THE GREED OF THE AMERICAN. MOST AMERICANS WANT A UPSCALE JOB WITH GREAT PAY. ILLEGAL WORK DOING THE DIRTY HARD MANUAL LABOR TO FEED AND PROVIDE FOR THERE FAMILY YOU SEE IN MEXICO THEY GET PAYED EVEN IN MOST AMERICAN STORES LIKE WALMART IN PESOS 1 US DOLLAR IS 10 PESOS 100 US DOLLARS IT 1000 PESOS AND SO ON THEY THING IS THEY SELL EVERYTHING IN WORTH OF A US DOLLAR FOR EXAMPLE A MAN WORKS 10 HRS A DAY THEY WILL PAY HIM 100 PESOS A DAY WHICH IS 10 US DOLLARS HE WILL WORK FOR 70 DOLLARS A WEEK ENOUGH FOR BEANS N BREAD. KNOW FOR HISPANICS WHO COME TO DEAL DRUGS I AGREE THEY SHOULD BE THROWN OUT. I DON'T SEE HOW HYPOCRITE AMERICANS CAN BE BEING THAT THE US FIRST BELONGED TO THE NATIVES UNTIL AMERICANS CAME HERE AND KILLED THEM OFF AND STOLE THIS LAND TO CALL IT THERE OWN SO YOU SEE EVEN AMERICANS THEMSELVES WERE ILLEGAL ON THIS LAND AT 1 POINT TO PROVIDE A BETTER FUTURE FOR THERE FAMILY'S. HOPE THIS GIVES YOU SOME INSIGHT

Source(s): MYSELF AND HISTORY
  • ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

immigration of hispanics is fine as long as it is done legally. These illegals are costing billions. Don't listen to the supporters of illegals on here as they are all coming from one illegal with 25 accounts. Go to VOIAC, humancost.org, numbersusa or alipac and make up your own mind. I

Few Americans are criminals, every illegal alien is a criminal.

• 9 years ago

Well, when their purchasing power is getting ready to reach $1TRILLION, I'm thinking it's really important to the US. Get rid of more Hispanics, and our economy would really hurt because illegal Hipanics are part of that purchasing power.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/01/hispanics.economy...

Hispanic entrepreneurship, buying power on the rise

(CNN) -- If you don't think Hispanics are a major force in the American marketplace, think again.

Hispanic business ownership is growing three times as fast as the national average and Hispanic purchasing power is expected to reach more than $1 trillion by 2011, according to the Census Bureau and other studies.

All too aware of this growing force, many companies are wooing Hispanic consumers and their spending power.

"The Hispanic consumer market here in the U.S. is actually as big or bigger than the GDP [gross domestic product] of Mexico or Canada," Michael Barrera, CEO of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, told CNN. "We're the second largest economy in North America."

Latino wage-earners still lag behind the national average, with median personal income of $20,000 in 2005, compared to $26,900 for the nation as a whole, according to the Pew Hispanic Center.

But the income gap is narrowing and business ownership is booming.

A U.S. Census bureau report issued last year tracked the growth of Hispanic-owned businesses between 1997 and 2002. The number of Latino-owned companies grew 31 percent over that period -- three times the national average. The bureau identified nearly 1.6 million Hispanic-owned businesses, producing nearly $222 billion in revenue.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

"And this is true because the students say so . More likely they are just agreeing with what their racist WhiTEY SCUM parents are saying.Only RAciST WHiTEY Scum PUTAs are bothered about the illegals. Thank God it is not all whites."

-I think it's silly you would try to call anyone racist....

LEGAL immigration is great. F*ck illegals who think they are more entitled than anyone else.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Your question isn't racist, but your assignment sure is. Immigration has thousands of different groups of people, so why only Hispanics.

Hotwater nailed it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.