McEd
McEd asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Are there any real wrestlers (folkstyle, greco, freestyle, sombo, beach, etc.) that use yahoo answers?

Ive seen maybe a handful of questions related to the SPORT of wrestling, and a bunch about that wwf or whatever soap opera stuff they show on tv and ppv. So i was wondering if there were any real wrestlers that use the wrestling section for how its meant to be used, asking questions about real wrestling. Being a true wrestler, i get pretty irritated seeing all of this soap opera crap on here.

Nice, its good to see that some people on here have some background in the actual sport.

Favorite Answer

I did greco, or in this case, amateur style wrestling in high school for 3 years. Just that. No other wrestling style unless you count judo, but thats more mma then wrestling. So I practiced amateur style wrestling, a couple of mma styles, and that wrestling you call crap soap operas (though not legally and professionally). But yes, I know about wrestling outside of pro-wrestling.

EDIT: Yeah. It was the only sport I did in high school besides track. This might sound stupid to you, but I joined because I watched pro-wrestling. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to be a pro-wrestler a while back, and believe it or not, some of the best pro-wrestlers in the world had an amateur style. I don't know if you heard of Kurt Angle, but Olympic Gold Medalist in wrestling, is like one of the best "wrestler" at the moment in pro-wrestling. So I hate to tell you this, but if it really wasn't for that stupid soap opera, most people wouldn't really be interested in wrestling in general. I'm not gonna lie. Its really not wrestling, but it does spark interest.

I'm more to MMA Style because I trained in Tae Kwon Do(until Yellow Belt) and Karate(still White belts lol,but for 3-5 years I hope I can receive my black belt)