RO35
Lv 6
RO35 asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 years ago

Would the Vatican Swiss guard have invaded England if the arrested had managed to kill the Pope?

and would England have needed America and Canada to bail them out again for the third time?

Update:

sure Blu - you quit sending us war dodgers and I won't mention you guys. Dumb insult btw

Dan - did I hit a nerve?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • HDH
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Vatican's Swiss Guard is all of about 140 guys. Not exactly an invasion force.

Otherwise, you are just being trollish. I doubt somewhat that Americans would have withstood the aerial bombardments from the Luftwaffe for as long as the Brits did. Those guys have some real pluck and resolve when under pressure. Their response to a terrorist attack on their own soil (7 July bus bombings)? Everybody went out the next day with big signs and t-shirts saying WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Talk about not bowing down to fear...

Source(s): U.S. Army 2003-2009
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Daniel
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

bailed us out for the third time huh? no wonder people think your education system is going down the shi...

also an invasion by the swiss guard would not have happened as the UK authorities would have of course cooperated with them in all proceedings as we dont shoot first and ask questions later

EDIT: no actually just lots to say and cannot be bothered spending a long time saying it to such an uninformed person

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Canakook please keep America out of your rant. The Swiss guard is to the pope what your secret service is to your Prime Minister.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.