? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Can you please name a horror movie that will scare the crap out of me?

I've seen tons and they haven't really scared me, I want a more recent film (Anything after 2000) that is scary. It can be gory just not extremely gory, and not a lot of sex. I want it to actually scare the crap out of me, thanks!

Favorite Answer

hi, i'm a HUGE horror movie buff and i've seen tons of it. i highly recommend: (slasher /gore /ghost /supernatural /suspense thriller /zombies /werewolves combined)

eden lake*

orphan*

skeleton key*

scream

laid to rest

1408

i know what you did last summer 1&2

the strangers

van helsing

ils / them

carriers

frailty*

creep*

joyride *

joyride 2 dead ahead

splinter*

session 9*

the collector*

final destination 1,2,3*

dawn of the dead 2004*

mirrors

backwoods 2008

see no evil

train

midnight meat train

night train

ghost ship

13 ghosts

my bloody valentine (new)

sorority row (new)

halloween h20

hostel*

stag night

the stepfather 2009

a perfect getaway 2009

storm warning

drag me to hell*

high tension

identity*

silent hill

misery*

the hills have eyes 2004*

dead silence*

saw 1*

the ring*

when a stranger calls

vacancy

wrong turn 1

the girl next door

dead end*

the orphanage (spanish)*

the uninvited*

the new daughter

fragile

legion

shrooms

feast

event horizon

the abandoned*

malevolence

pathology

the ruins

the glasshouse

the hitcher

the grudge

house of wax

cold prey 1&2

friday the 13th (new)

shutter (original)*

shutter island*

panic room

valentine (2001)

urban legend (1998)

hide and seek*

dead snow

penny dreadful

wolf creek

p2*

turistas

tooth and nail

shuttle

from within

texas chainsaw massacre (2003)*

blair witch project 1

disturbia

what lies beneath

case 39

wish master 1*

jeepers creepers 1&2*

the last house on the left(new)*

dead set*

the others*

the mist*

(i hated and will never understand the hype over the descent and 28 days/weeks later. i basically don't like older horror movies as well.)

i cant remember the year of some of them on the list but majority are recent films that i did like. only one was from the 90's which is misery. i highlighted with *** the movies that belong to my favorite list which i've seen over and over

The Shining little ones of the Corn Cujo Silver Bullet exhilaration journey The Exorcist Paranormal interest The Strangers phantasm The Texas Chainsaw bloodbath (1974, 2003) Halloween (1978) Darkness Falls Black Christmas The Blair Witch undertaking the recent Daughter Jeepers Creepers My Bloody Valentine The Slence of the Lambs

• rko88

Why do people give stupid answers that don't even answer your question? I guess there are a lot of immature people that think it's funny when saying Hannah Montana is scary when it's really just stupid. Here are some great horror movies that I love. Jeepers Creepers, The Strangers, Vacancy, Silent Hill, Black Christmas, Quarantine, The Crazies, Amityville Horror, Dawn Of The Dead, Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, The Shining, Wrong Turn, Halloween, Final Destination 1 & 3, Mirrors, A Nightmare On Elm Street, 30 Days of Night, Friday The 13th and The Last House On The Left. My favorite movie is The Strangers because it's actually scary and it's based off true events. It's also something different in the horror genre which I love. Liv Tyler did an amazing job in this movie and it will scare you especially if you watch it by yourself at night. Most of the movies that I listed will scare you like Jeepers Creepers, Silent Hill, Amityville Horror, The Last House On The Left, Evil Dead just to name a few. Good luck and Happy Halloween!

Edit: Not trying to be mean to the other person who gave a list but a lot of those movies kind of sucked. Jeepers Creepers 2, Joy Ride 2, Wolf Creek, Soroity Row, My Bloody Valentine, P2, Blair Witch, The Hitcher and some other ones you got there sucked and some of the movies are not even scary/horror movies. Just saying because I'm a horror movie buff but I don't like sh*tty horror movies.

Edit agian: Ok which one of my movies that I listed sucked? It's not really subjective when what I'm saying is true and I think everyone would agree with me that most of the movies that person listed sucked and so did most of yours. Just wanted to add you do know that I Am Legend is not a horror movie right? It's a sci-fi movie that isn't even that scary and the person asked for horror movies that will scare the crap out of me. So please read the question next time and maybe give some good horror movies like I did. The only good movies you listed were The Midnight Meat Train which is not really that scary but more gore, Black Christmas and Silent Hill. That's it. Wolf Creek sucked, Paranormal Activity sucked and is not scary at all, The Hills Have Eyes was not good at all and a real dissapointment, The Ring movies are more stupid then scary and The Grudge sucked too. So you obviously don't have any taste in great horror movies and are just like that other person who gave a long list of sh*tty horror movies and a lot of movies that are not even horror. When it's true, it's really not an opinion because I can guarantee you a lot of people will agree with me in saying those movies sucked and are not scary at all. The movies I gave were at least horror movies and they are all scary and very good. So please name one movie that I listed that sucked and I guarantee you can't.

Source(s): myself

to that person that said alot of the movies listed sucked, and then went on to list the movies YOU thought were good. OPINIONS, okay? It all comes down to opinions. What if I told you all the movies you loved suck? You see? It's completely subjective.

ANYWAY, recent movies that scared me:

Silent Hill

Wolf Creek

Paranormal Activity

A Tale of Two Sisters

Kairo

The Eye (original Asian version only)

The Grudge

The Ring 1 and 2

I Am Legend

The Hills Have Eyes remake

The Devil's Chair

The Orphanage

Darkness Falls

Cold Prey

The Midnight Meat Train

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Some old ones that scared the crap out of me:

The Exorcist

The Omen

Event Horizon

The Changeling

The Legend of Hell House

Black Christmas

I though Gravedancers was really scary.

I know you don't want any old movies, but FYI these are the scariest movies I ever saw.

Deathdream

Horror Express

The Exorcist

Paranormal Activity was scary.

You have to read the Spanish translation- but Baby's Room is really creepy.

Source(s): My TV at 3oclock in the morning.
  • Jamus

The Mist .

The Hannah Montana Movie.

-

If you're feeling exceptionally daring...I hear they made the concert one in 3D - she'll be closer than ever.

Source(s): My nightmares.

audition