Those with asperger partners/kids/friends etc etc..............................

....do you feel the positives of their pesonality, who they are, overshine the negatives? obviously the negatives are hard to live with sometimes, and they can make you frustrated, angry, upset, hurt etc etc, do you tend to try to accept thats just what aspergers is? but find you still get hurt, frustrated... show more ....do you feel the positives of their pesonality, who they are, overshine the negatives?

obviously the negatives are hard to live with sometimes, and they can make you frustrated, angry, upset, hurt etc etc,

do you tend to try to accept thats just what aspergers is?
but find you still get hurt, frustrated etc, 'feel' what they say and do, learn, and then move on
or
just , shrug and move on right away?
Update: fury, yip, fraid so ;-)
Update 2: fury, yip, fraid so ;-)
Update 3: cardimom ive thought that myself too that because you cant 'see' this illness, and because they can blend well they 'look' normal, that it must be even harder on them because they are then expected to then BE normal and when they are ,well, asperger, people dont understand it and think... show more cardimom
ive thought that myself too

that because you cant 'see' this illness, and because they can blend well they 'look' normal, that it must be even harder on them because they are then expected to then BE normal

and when they are ,well, asperger, people dont understand it
and think they are being rude or mean cos they are rude or mean, rather than being an asperger
Update 4: but,
even knowing and understanding aspergers, as a non aspie, im not sure it makes it 'easier' to experience an asperer BE an asperger
;-)
Update 5: amanda
hahha, wow what a great friend you are

and its so cool you have such a realistic but humourous way of looking at things,

she muscles, hehehe
;-D

great answers eveyrone, thank you as always
Update 6: ben, i get what your saying, but it is a disability, fine, illness wasnt the best literal word, but i dont claim to be perfectly literate i know einsten is rumoured to be asperger, as are many other famous geniuses im aware of that, and i think its great but thats the point, we know the positives of a... show more ben,
i get what your saying, but it is a disability,
fine, illness wasnt the best literal word, but i dont claim to be perfectly literate

i know einsten is rumoured to be asperger, as are many other famous geniuses

im aware of that, and i think its great
but thats the point, we know the positives of a genius mind

but there are also the negatives
and thats what im talking about
;-)
11 answers 11