Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

Whats a good first car thats cheap?

I need a car thats good to fix up alittle, its cheap, and cheap on insurance? which car or cars are good?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Avoid anything from Japan or Korea because they have high repair costs and often need to have parts ordered instead of being in stock like American cars will and that will leave you with nothing to drive while you wait for ordered parts to come in. They also don’t last as long as American or European cars. Even the ones “assembled” in America are built with low quality imported Japanese parts.

That fact being said I suggest a Chevy Camaro, Pontiac Solstice, Corvette or Ford Mustang for sports cars.

Chevy Cruz, Chevy Cobalt, Chevy Malibu or Ford Focus for practical cars.

Jeep Liberty for off road fun.

If you prefer an imported car go with Mercedes, Audi, or VW they will be a LOT more reliable than Japanese or Korean.

Source(s): The Raven.
  • 1 decade ago

Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic. Both are great cars, very reliable with excellent economy,

• 1 decade ago

A used Toyota Corolla.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1984 Volvo 240 DL. Slow, ugly, & built like a tank.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

like a toyota or a kia...they are cheap good first cars b/c its easier to fix up. Kia i would say a good car for a first but its hard to sell it. Toyotas the best!!

Source(s): My first car was a Chevrolet Lumina
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Honda Civic, stay away from Toyota; they are crap.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.