Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 10 years ago

i really need my pimples to go , any advices ?!?

i am turning 17, and its been 3 years now that i have pimples, & i hate them! please i need HELP =|

Favorite Answer

I completely understand. I'm 18 and I've been having skin troubles since I was about 13 years old. It's difficult to say what would help exactly, everyone's skin is so different, and not everything works for everyone. And trust me, I've tried everything -- Proactiv, Clearasil, St. Ives, you name it. I've even tried home remedies, like hydrogen peroxide, black soap, and the like.

Only recently I've been able to keep my face relatively clear. Only because I started to pay more attention to the causes.

The reasoning behind your acne is important to how you treat it. Sensitive skin, oily skin, and dry skin are the most common skin types for people that suffer acne. My skin is often oily due to the oil I put in my hair. Sometimes if I touch my hair and then touch my face, I cause breakouts, but usually it's the grease draining down into my face. I'm not sure if this is your problem... but to solve this, I use acne creams that target oil.

Also your diet is important. The healthier you eat, the better your face will be. I haven't had soda in years, and if I do, they aren't dark. This actually made a huge difference in my face. Drinking a lot more water has a positive effect as well.

Stress levels play a part, as well. My mom can tell if I'm stressed, because I'll have a ton more breakouts. My face around Finals Week was an absolute mess. For this, I haven't actually found a cure for that, other than regular treatment of my face. Spot treatment usually does a good job here... And trying to keep my stress to a minimum. For spot treatment, I use facial mask products and apply them on each pimple individually. Proactiv Refining Mask did the best job with that, but it was too expensive. Any facial mask product will do, though. Toothpaste does a surprisingly awesome job as on-the-spot treatment, too.

I used to switch up my skin care treatments because I thought "surprising my face" would help. Then later I discovered this was making it worse. Sticking to one product for at least two or three weeks has helped a lot. I only switch treatment if there's a different cause of acne... like stress or oily skin.

Of course, this is by no means a cure-all. This may work for me, and not necessarily for you. The best thing you could do is to go see a dermatologist. Personally, I haven't done this yet, but it works for most people. Talking to my general physician didn't help very much, but I'm pretty sure a specialist is better. They give more accurate and personalized treatment options.

Also, if you want to bypass that, you can take the quiz on skinID.com. You don't have to buy the products, but look at the ones they assign to you, click them, and read their details. That way when you go acne product shopping, you can look for things that have the same elements and ingredients, and start your own, less expensive skin care regimen.

I hope this helps! And if you need anything else, feel free to email me! I understand from experience how annoying pimples can be.

Source(s): Many unfortunate years of experience a quick test at skinID.com
  • You should probably go to a dermatologist if you really want to see results.

I just had a cystic acne break out last year and I tried everything I can to stop it

but what happened? I FAILED! From facial washes, to remedies, diet, exercise EVERYTHING!

But the only one who was able to help me was a doctor. Now I really thank that doctor

for saving my face. Well now its your choice if you still want to try remedies and facial washes

cuz none of them worked for me. Now dermatologist may cost quite an amount but its all worth

it, well for me. And also i try to go for a facial at least every month to get my face cleaned.

Well what happed after that? 95% acne gone in just 3 months! I myself can't believe it too but its real.

Im 15 thats why i had break outs too.

Source(s): Own experience man! I tell you this is for real!

Clearasil vanishing acne treatment cream. Followed by Clean & Clear Dual Action moisturizer.

ideal now my pores and skin is totally sparkling, for the 1st time in 3 years. it quite is been approximately 9 weeks and all my zits is long previous. it quite is one among those great feeling to awaken with sparkling pores and skin. Holistic zits therapy handbook?

Use non-gel toothpaste. It works really good.