Is it wrong that I wish to disown my older brother?

He's 38, and he's a poor excuse for a man, a son, a brother, a father... all of those things. He refuses to get a job, regularly uses people, has no regard for whom he steals things from, and tries to hustle everyone he can... I could go on and on, really. At 24, I'm just tired of putting up with his childish ways... The only thing he can get from me is food that I have already cooked. It would be a shame if he really needed money for an emergency, because I would automatically say no.

I'm ashamed to tell people he's my big brother. He's the true definition of "scum" or "gutter" and I absolutely hate his ways. He has NO decent clothes, and poor hygiene because of his "thug life" (yeah right). I love him, but I don't have room for him in my life anymore. It seems that if you can't do something for him, he doesn't have time for you. He has 5 children. 3 boys, 2 girls. Their ages are 21yrs , 8yrs, 6yrs (the first 3 all boys), and 21 months, and 6 months (the last 2 both girls). He does nothing for any of them. I am very attached to his children, and fortunately I'm able to help their mothers with them financially so they don't have total burden.

We come from a good, stable family... well off, very loving and supportive.. Very well educated parents, and they gave us both the same opportunities to educate ourselves.. and made it so that we'd never want for anything in life. We have parents that are some of the most upstanding of citizens you'll find. I don't get it. Rotten apple?

Anyway, I could ramble on and on about the subject, but I just wonder if people out there would think I'm wrong for wanting to disown him? I would never wish death on anyone, but sometimes I do wish he would just disappear. At least until he got his life straight. And most of all, I wish that his children had model fathers.

Wow. I guess this is the wrong section. Sorry lol

• Tom
    Favorite Answer

lol @ first answer

He's 38 you can't expect anything from him if he hasn't shown you already.

Lead your own life and help where possible but don't let it burden you.

You spend way to much energy into him and it is not working.

People like that have to fall REALLY hard to see what they are doing is wrong.

Though your hearts in the right place i give you that, good luck!

• Shark

he knows you will be there for him when push comes to shov

*Stares into space*

Im sorry could you repeat that?

ITS NOT WRONG.

WRONG SECTION.

• //

jeez tell your therapist