Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

Which one is better Tap or bottled water?

In your opinion which do you think would be better for you?

Favorite Answer

I would say tap for many reasons:

1.You can save a lot of money by opting for tap water if you just buy a decent filter by Pur or Brita which will help the ALREADY TREATED water taste like bottled water

2.A lot of the bottle water brands, e.g. Ozarka, Nestle, etc, get their water from the public water supply contrary to what they would lead you to believe

3. It is so much better for the environment, not drinking out of those plastic bottles reducing your plastic consumption helping you reduce your carbon footprint.

Tap water is better, especially for the environment! Not all the plastic bottles from bottled water can be recycled. There are millions of them out there every year! And besides that, some bottled water is actually just tap water only from a region different than yours. If your tap water isn't tasteful, consider getting a water purifier for your tap water like a Britta or Pur filter. These types are usually good for a couple hundred gallons of treated water before the filter must be changed. Some of this type even have "flavored" cartridges for a different taste. They have found different chemicals in some bottled they've tested. These chemicals are routinely used to clean the pipes at the bottling plants.

Source(s): Just my opinion.

I would have to say tap water.

Bottled water has no guidelines for testing. And they are hardly treated. Bottled water comes local water cycles and if more and more water is taken out, it wil decrease the water supply. Also the bottles are bad for the environment if not recycled. A large percentage of bottled water is also tap water. But because tap water is chlorinated, it also is safer. In many cases bottled water and tap water are equally the same healthwise but i think tap water generally has the upperhand. Why pay for bottled water when you can get perfectly tap water for free?

Bottled water!!

• idunno

If you are in Canada, tap water is absoulutely clean. It saves money too, although my dad still buys bottled.

If you are somewhere else, then I'm not quite sure of the circumstances. Check with your locals.

Source(s): BTW for those ppl who think canada is a cold, snowy 24/7 place where everyone rides polar bears . ITS NOT TRUE. Pass this on!!!!! (Copy and paste) CANADIANS RULE :D

bottled water is usually safer if it is new, tap tastes better in my opinion though

• venus

I think it depends where you live. I prefer bottled water.

bottled

bottled