Christians: How confident are you that you're going to heaven?

If you're pretty confident that you're going, what reassurance do you have?

Please share.

Surely you don't think EVERYONE who is Christian is going to heaven? Do you know how many people that would be? Why is the gateway to heaven referred to as "narrow" if this is the case? Why so many consequences given for sin if all the Christians are going to heaven?

Wow

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. -- Matthew 7:13-14

I guess I will join you all in quoting the bible. Funny how nobody mentions this one? EVERYONE is not the same as FEW.

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

Because My Salvation Rests on the Righteousness of Jesus and HIS Shed blood and NOT on any works of my own.

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we SHALL BE ALSO in the likeness of his resurrection" (Romans 6:3-5)

Fully, completely confident.

Why? Because I am trusting the in the promise of Jesus Christ, who has never failed to keep His promises, nor ever will. I am not relying on my works. Salvation is by faith alone through grace alone.

My reassurance is the Bible, specifically:

John 3:16-18

John 14:6

Romans 10:9-10

Ephesians 2:8-9

Romans 8:1

2 Corinthians 5:17

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Source(s): Bible

" Not everyone that sayeth Lord Lord shall enter into the gates" comes to mind when you are quoting your scripture and asking the question about who will enter. God is saying in this scripture that everyone will call themselves Christians but will not be Christians.

It is impossible to know if one is going to heaven while still alive. If anyone believes for certain they are saved, then they are committing a sin of Presumption against Hope.

100%

God's promise

God cannot lie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE "Surely you don't think EVERYONE who is Christian is going to heaven? Do you know how many people that would be? Why is the gateway to heaven referred to as "narrow" if this is the case?"

You're right. Not everyone who calls himself a Christian will go to heaven. Jesus said that a person must be born again. One's religion or denomination does not save them. Either a person is born again, or he is not. Only a few are reborn, so only a few will be saved.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

• ?

I am 100% sure I will receive eternal life with Jesus.

Matthew 10:22 (NLT)

22 And everyone will hate you because of your allegiance to me. But those who endure to the end will be saved.

Source(s): Word of God

I am there.

Jesus already assured me so.

Wanna join in the rejoicing?

I just invited you.

You are now a member.

Come, love the Lord.

Not a chance I'm going. I probably beat off like 3 or 4 times a day, every day. Unless I'm on vacation. It's hard to get the time alone when you're sharing a hotel room in Mexico with your mom.

100%.

John 14:3 -- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

LIVE BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT.

He is faithful to those who do not forsake Him -- guaranteed :)

- - - - - - - -

I was going to quote that Scripture (promise), but I'm like if I truly know that I am living for Jesus, following His Will in faith and glorifying in Him and everything I do and say, and know and live that I am saved by grace -- then again, I can be sure I am going to heaven!

Know Jesus, Know Heaven.

Relationship and faith in Jesus :)

Source(s): The true word of God -- the Holy Bible.

I learned when young and intellectually accepted Bible truth that God wants to forgive us all (and me) because Jesus came to take our punishment for sin (which is wanting to live life to please ourselves). He gave his life on the cross that we might receive back what was lost at the beginning, and that is eternal life and intimacy with our creator who becomes our protective Father.

But when I first learned about God's free love, somehow I could not accept it for myself because I could not imagine being a good Christian, so nothing changed.

About 2yrs later I believe God prompted me to go to a packed out gospel service in town where I heard the gospel message again, and there was such joy in the singing of the people especially the youth (I was 15yrs) Something happened in my heart - faith came alive and I went forward to the altar rail to receive God's forgiveness and Jesus as my Saviour and Lord. Then, my faith became a heart and life experience and with it comes a real assurance of being safe for ever as a member of God's family, Jesus is now my elder brother.

When this transaction happens within a person a covenant is made between them and God, which is ratified in heaven, their name is written in the heavenly book mentioned in revelations Rev 20 :15 but God has made the first move!

You receive God's Spirit when you TOTALLY submit to God in faith, then the Spirit speaks to your heart, constantly, as you read scripture. The first kind of scriptures that first become illuminated with joy in your heart are like the following quotes.-

"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one can snatch them out of my hand ... no-one can snatch them out of the Father's hand." John 10 :27

"But seek the kingdom, and these things (needs) will be given to you as well." Luke 12 :11

"You have made known to me the path of life: you fill me with joy in your presence! " Acts 2 :28 (Worship with others becomes a joyful, healing, vibrant thing.)

"There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8 :1

"You received the Spirit of son-ship And by him we cry "Abba!" Father (or daddy) The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Romans 8 : 15-16

"But our citizenship is in heaven..." Phil 3 :20

Life does not suddenly become a bed of roses but in all experiences God makes his guidance or love known, although there can be 'dry' testing periods, they pass if we hang in with patience, and blessings are resumed - even more so. Continued sin or a complete 'giving up' will cut the connection with God and has serious consequences - hell.

"And we know, that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him..." Romans 8 :28

May God help you discover his love for you.