Your child asks you "Who is God?" What is your answer?

A young child.. Let's say 9 yrs old or younger.

Chris.. Please stop it with the repetition. A child would have no clue what you're talking about.

Favorite Answer

The entity that caused everything to exists. The first source of the universe.

the creator of all.

a being people imagine so they can live their lives without the responsibility of understanding the world rationally or living by a rational moral code.

Seriously though, even if you believe in God, at least have the decency to tell the kid "I'll explain it when you're older" and not bring it up until they are old enough to reason. There is nothing more evil than teaching something, especially something faith-based, as absolute truth, to someone too young to reason. It is the absolutely most depraved act.

An imaginary friend to many. If the child is 9 yrs old or maybe a little older. If child younger than that asks, then I will answer, A friend to many that no one could see or hear.

Source(s): spiritual atheist

Chuck Norris

• ART'd

No need to answer because 9 years old cannot understand yet about GOD..he is too young.

• Drake

The origin of existance.

You can never go wrong with that because whether you support Creathionism, Evolution, Big Bang, etc... They were all the origin of existance.

Though, I personally believe in a sentiant creation through that Big Bang, that doesn't mean everyone else does too.

"Some people believe.... *religion*

Other people believe.... *other religion*"

Of course, it depends on what god they're talking about. If they heard about it from someone at school or a friend, I might be able to narrow it down to specifics. We have books and holy books on several major religions, and my kids are aware that people all over the world and in our own neighborhood believe in many different things - that there are hundreds - if not thousands - of "gods". If they want to know more about any of them, I have no problem with providing them the resources to learn.

Source(s): Atheist

A being some people believe exists regardless of the fact that they can't present logical or irrefutable proof and insist on believing in anyway. When we have something that we can't 100% prove or disprove, we use logic, reasoning, and rational thinking in order to conclude the probability of whatever the debated thing is. Some people disregard logic, reasoning, and rational thinking and continue to accuse us that we're the ones who need to present proof.

• 93

Tough question. I do not plan on putting ANY information like that into my child's head until they are old enough to sort through beliefs and decide things for themselves. I will teach them morals and stuff but I am not going to brainwash them to my beliefs.

Source(s): Pagan

Both my kids asked that question long before they were 9

I told them its what stupid people believe when they don't want to take responsibility for their own lives.

One of the main characters in one of the most popular fairy tale books.