The Bible said insects have four legs...?

Is that true or false?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Frizby
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Can you please confirm this where it states that insects have four legs, and maybe i'll interpret it correctly for you..

Edit: Here goes, from what we see: We see insects with 6 legs and spiders with 8 legs and animals with 4 legs and humans with 2 legs and 2 arms and there's animals with 0 legs, no legs at all..

One thing we must agree on is that our limbs are just like extentions of our mobility, therefore we humans have 2 legs and 2 arms and animals have 4 legs, basically an animals front legs are used in the same way we use our arms, but with their arms they can also use them for walking..

The animals front legs are their arms that also are used for legs, just like a spiders 2 front legs are their arms that they also use for legs..

The same goes for insects with 6 legs, their front 2 legs are really their arms and their back 4 legs are just their legs..

Basically on an insect their back 4 legs are their legs and the front 2 legs are also classed as their arms..

I suppose this is what the Bible is documenting, when it refers to insects with four legs, do you agree or disagree..

• 9 years ago

True and false. The bible says that but insects don't have four feet.

• There are some insects metioned in the bible that are four-legged, such as the locust, grasshopper, or cricket but most people say they have 6. I guess it's up to you to decide.

• BRoth
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Scientific classification was done by man thousands of years after the Bible was written. The Bible calls bats birds too. So what. All it means is that WHEN the Bible was written, man classified bats as birds.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mia
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The Bible does seem to say it but its not the case as we know.

Leviticus. 11:20-3 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

• 9 years ago

The Bible describes insects as "creeping things"

I don't remember reading about the amount of legs they had

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Scientists can say cars have 2 wheels. Is that correct? Yes!! The fact that they have 4 wheels, most of the time, does not make the fact that they have 2 wheels untrue.

• 9 years ago

4 legs and 2 hands=6 appendages... true

• 9 years ago

God created insects. He knows how many legs they have.

Lv 5
    9 years ago

Troll, bible is the LAST BOOK you should refer to for scientific facts. Seriously.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.