How should I change my competitive Pokemon team?

This is my competitive battling team:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash

Jolly

Pressure

EV's: 252 Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Spd

-Stone Edge

-Aerial Ace

-Stealth Rock

-Taunt

Machamp @ Lum Berry

Adamant

No Guard

EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spd

-DynamicPunch

-Thunderpunch

-Payback

-Bullet Punch

Infernape @ Expert Belt

Timid

Blaze

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Spd

-Flamethrower

-Fake Out

-Grass Knot

-Vacuum Wave

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Bold

Serene Grace

EV's: 252 HP/ 188 Def/ 68 Sp. Def

-Air Slash

-Aura Sphere

-Roost

-Thunder Wave

Sceptile @ Choice Specs/Life Orb

Modest

Overgrow

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Spd

-Leaf Storm

-Energy Ball

-Dragon Pulse

-Focus Blast

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry

Jolly

Sand Stream

-Stone Edge

-Fire Punch

-Aqua Tail

-Dragon Dance

So my main questions are:

1. Should I swap Bullet Punch on Machamp?

2. Is Togekiss unnecessary for my team?

3. Should Sceptile be Specs or Life Orb?

4. Should Tyranitar swap Aqua Tail for Crunch?

5. What opposing Pokemon do I not cover/check/counter well?

6. Any suggestions for different teammates is always helpful.

Lastly, I can provide an explanation to my team choices so please let me know if you'd like that. Yahoo Answers doesn't allow more than 5000 characters.

Cool. Thanks Rusty. I guess Jirachi would be a better choice than Togekiss. OK. So I swapped Aerodactyl for Gliscor and I swapped Togekiss for Jirachi. I also switched up Infernape's set. Tell me how it looks.

Infernape @ Expert Belt

Hasty

Blaze

EVs: 126 Atk/126 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

-Flamethrower

-Fake Out

-Close Combat

-Grass Knot

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Jolly

Serene Grace

EVs: 164 HP/168 Atk/176 Spd

-Substitute

-Thunder Wave

-Iron Head

-Fire Punch

Gliscor @ Yache Berry

Jolly

EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd

Sand Veil

-Taunt

-Toxic

-Earthquake

-Roost

Best Answer

I have a few suggestions, but if you want decent insight, go to Smogon.com's forums, and post a detailed Rate My Team, because you're not going to get much from Yahoo Answers. In any case, I do have some advice.

Run that Machamp as a lead. Aerodactyl's really fell out of style, and is pretty heavily countered/set up on. I'd suggest running Earthquake over Aerial Ace for better type coverage. As far as Machamp goes, absolutely not. You have no idea how good priority can be, and if you run him as a lead, it completely teabags Focus Sash.

Togekiss is another Pokemon that really fell out of style recently, I primarily blame the amount of Choice Scarf Tyranitar out there to Stone Edge it. In any case, yes, I would agree it's unnecessary. I'd suggest replacing with a bulky water, or if you want some flinch hax, Jirachi is your best bet in this metagame.

Sceptile shouldn't be in an OU team, but seeming as it is, I'd say Life Orb. Sceptile has good speed, but with the amount of Grass resists in the metagame at the moment due to the likes of Shaymin becoming more popular, it is very easy for something like a bulky DD Dragonite to switch in on your Leaf Storm and start to set up. Because of this, I'd have to recommend LO if you're going to run a Sceptile in OU.

Tyranitar has no Dark-type move, and this makes me sad. I can understand not running Pursuit on a DDTar, but you really do need Crunch, because Rotoms and Gengars are running around crazy for spin-blocking and Explosion-avoiding and the like. Aqua Tail is nice to have, but I find it rather unnecessary. Just don't replace Fire Punch, you have a Babiri Berry to counter Scizor, and without Fire Punch he'll just 2HKO you without you able to do anything about it.

As far as type coverage goes, it's not looking too bad. However, you have a distinct lack of anything to counter stall or any sort of pseudo-haze. You have enough Special Attack damage from that Sceptile, let Infernape run a mixed set so you at least have something to break stall. Maybe run a stall-breaker Gliscor (y'know, Toxic, Roost, Taunt, etc) over Togekiss to break stall, and get a phaze. With Aerodactyl quickly disposed, you can do nothing but weep at any sort of Baton Pass or general stat-boost if someone gets a nice switch-in.

All I can say for your last question is to practice. Don't just play lots of games, lose, and ***** about it, what owned you? Why? How could you fix this weakness? How does your lineup take advantage of the current metagame? Think about it.

Hope I somewhat helped.

Source(s): The ol' noggin

not at all that pokemon team is awesome.