Again, why do people continually impress upon me . . . especially christians?

Why do 'christians' continually try to impress upon me such sensationalistic garbage that they purport comes from Scripture when the only thing they know about Scripture is what someone told them it said, instead of what It says?

The Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory is a False Doctrine people! It is Garbage! Would you like some simple proof of that fact? Here is some:

How can Christ come as a 'thief in the night' if the professed 'believing world' knows what to expect as far as those things necessarily and truly associated with His Second Coming--- The professed 'believing world' of course being the same class of folks who killed Him?

That is a good question, is it not?

Your answers are welcome of course. But try to stick to the Comprehensive Truth, not one or two verses that you take completely out of context for the purpose of exalting yourself. Pagans, non-believers, and Idiots need not answer.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

The Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory is a False Doctrine people! It is Garbage! Would you like some simple proof of that fact? How can Christ come as a 'thief in the night' if the professed 'believing world' knows what to expect as far as those things necessarily and truly associated with His Second Coming? That is a good question, is it not?

See Revelation 16:15 and 1 Thessalonians 5:2 –

"’Behold, I come as a thief’. . . For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

The same class of people who murdered His Son 1,979 years ago—the professed people of God! See the following scriptural references for yourself. Recall, the chief priests and rulers persuaded the people! That is what incited the cowardice of Pontius Pilate and the resulting crucifixion of the Son of God. Take a good look at these verses of Scripture! Matthew 26:59 and 27:20; Mark 15:10-11; Luke 23:10, 13–25; 24:20; John 18:35; 19:6–15; and, Acts 6:12–15; 7:51-53

Now, see Isaiah 28:9–13:

"Whom shall He teach knowledge? and whom shall He make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom He said, ‘This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.’ But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

["line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little"—so that you won’t "go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." You should derive from this passage that it is necessary to study the whole Word; not only the New Testament. Think About It!]

The False Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory came to be from a misinterpretation and purposely misapplied passage of Scripture at Daniel 9:24–27.

The theory was borne by the “Society of Jesus” in the 16th Century during the Church of Rome’s Counter-Reformation. The forty-two months, 1,260 days, and ‘time and times and dividing of time’ in The Revelation all refer to the 1260 years of persecution [read: tribulation] that have already passed, i.e., in the 'Old World'—where the Bishop of Rome pushed his false 'religious' doctrines [a nice way of putting it, truthfully].

Daniel 9:23 –

“At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.”

(Daniel received no new vision in Chapter 9. What does Gabriel mean exactly? See Chapter 8:9–19.)

Daniel 9:24 –

“Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

(Seventy weeks is 490 years. See Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:4-6. The underlined word above comes from Hebrew Dictionary Word Number 2852 [חתך ; châthak]. It is a primitive root, and means, properly to cut off [see Isaiah 53:8]; that is, [figuratively] to decree. Jerusalem was destroyed a second time in AD70. This was 609 calendar years after Daniel received this block of information here in Daniel 9. So, take your eyes off Jerusalem. That modern city has little—very little, if anything—to do with End Times Prophecy.)

Daniel 9:25 –

“Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem (see Ezra 1:1–4) unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks (notice that Gabriel does NOT say 'sixty nine weeks' or 'nine and sixty weeks'; He says, "seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks." There was a break in the sixty-nine weeks—between the 49th year and the remaining 434 years of the sixty-nine weeks.): the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.”

Daniel 9:26 –

“And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off (the text here in no way connotes that the seventieth week had not already begun. Fact is, it had.), but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary (again, this happened again in AD70); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:27 –

“And he shall confirm the covenant (see Matthew 26:28. The words 'testament' and 'covenant' are synonymous. See your Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries.) with many for one week ('one week' is seven years.): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (see Matthew 27:51—the temple vail was torn in two.), and for the overspreading of abominations he (this 'he' should be capitalized to aid in understanding) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

(The 'he' in clause one of this verse should also be capitalized. It refers to the Messiah—not the prince of clause two in verse twenty-six, or some Fictitious Antichrist Character.)

If you read the whole of this chapter, you will see in verse two that Daniel was studying the scroll of the Prophet Jeremiah. Go ahead. Go read it.

"In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem."

Do you think that the seventy years of desolation is all that Daniel read about in Jeremiah's Writings? See Jeremiah 25:11 and 29:10. Daniel also read of the New Covenant in Chapter 31:31–34, and that is what Gabriel was explaining to Daniel in verse twenty-seven.

The Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory is a False Theory, and just that: A Theory. It is a grandiose hoax. Chances are, insomuch as the Theory directly relates to its companion Theories—the Pre-, Mid-, and Post-Tribulation Rapture, various Millennial, and Armageddon Theories—it is the last deception signified by the 'frog' text at Revelation 16:13-14:

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."

The "frogs" plague of Exodus Chapter Eight in Egypt was the last plague Pharaoh's Magicians and Sorcerers could duplicate to some degree. Here in Revelation 16 the ‘frogs’ signify deceit. The text in Chapter Sixteen of The Revelation in no way connotes that an actual Battle of Armageddon takes place there. See verse fifteen, and think!

“Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.”

I am convinced Armageddon, as commonly referred to, takes place after New Jerusalem is here in the restored realm of Earth. See Revelation Chapter 20:9, clauses three and 4:

"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

I find the whole Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory to be disgusting, and heart paining. I used to believe in the Theory, not anymore however! There has to be a way to reach the folks with the Truth about the fallacy of the Seven Year Tribulation Theory while simultaneously overcoming the trait of pride, a trait I believe is probably the greatest obstacle. I simply do not know how to do any better, and that is one of my many motives for answering your question.

Let us look at Daniel 9:23–27 again. However, let us take a comprehensive look at the whole of the Chapter.

First, look at the first two verses of Daniel, Chapter 9:

"In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans; In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem."

Are the "seventy years of desolations" in 25:11-12 and 29:10 all that Daniel read about in the Books of Jeremiah? See Chapter 31, verses 31–34 of Jeremiah:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Now, look at verses 3

• 9 years ago

Reuben, I'll pick up with what you couldn't take on . . . that Tex couldn't take on . . . whew!

It will take only seven days to bring about the Full Consummation, right prior to the 1,000-year Judgment, and Regeneration of this Earthly Realm. Here is a clue:

Read Revelation 8:1 –

"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."

If you studied the text above, you should have been able to see that the working out of a year in this temporal realm is described in Biblical Prophecy as a 'day'. See Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:4-6 again. Study the [foretold] History of Daniel 9:24–27 in order to qualify or disqualify this 'supposition'. Failure to do so can result in no other condition but confusion.

Explanations of other parts of this verse follow.

"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."

Revelation 8:1 is a perspective of the Rapture and Earth's subsequent and immediate destruction as 'seen' from Heaven! It is not a prelude to the Trumpets, six of which have already sounded! The Seventh Seal, Trumpet, and Plague all happen simultaneously.

As with the other authors of the various books of the WORD OF GOD, John did not place the chapter and verse divisions in this book, The Revelation of Jesus Christ. That Church did that in the 12th and 15th Centuries AD.

The word 'he' in Revelation 8:1 should also be capitalized, because that word refers to the "Lamb" of Chapter 6, verse 1. We know that 'he' is The CHRIST. Read Chapter five very carefully. The "Lamb" could be no other than The CHRIST. Also see John 1:29 and Revelation 6:16.

The Seventh Seal is actually the last seal that binds the Book of Life held in the Hand of our Heavenly Father. See Chapter 5, vs. 1.

"There was silence in heaven"? Do not take this to mean that GOD puts HIS Finger in front of HIS Lips to silence all the Angelic Beings of Heaven. Allow the 'line upon line' principles of Isaiah 28:9–13 to be your guiding standard.

Here is a little help to get you started. Revelation 19:10, sentence two, clause five states ". . . for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Now, see Matthew 25:31—"When the Son of man shall come in HIS glory, and all the holy angels with HIM, then shall HE sit upon the throne of HIS glory." The keys words here are: "and all the holy angels with HIM."

This is essential to understanding why there is 'silence in Heaven'. Now, you 'do the math'. What does “silence in heaven” mean?

Seven Days. Not seven years.

Source(s): Too many texts to quote specifically. But, study all of it. Remember that it's there for a reason; and that reason is not so that it could be ignored.
  • 9 years ago

What we call the Old Testament was written to the Jews. In the Old Testament were written all the prophecy that was going to happen to the Jews. Jesus came to fulfill all that had been written to the Jews, and that included Daniel's prophecy which spoke of the Messiah (Jesus) and the seven year tribulation. This happened just as Jesus had told his deciples it would happen. He even told them it would happen in their generation. The war of the Jews which was the destruction of the Jewish temple and Jerusalem itself lasted for seven years 64 AD - 70 AD. Again I tell you Jesus told his deciples that there would not be one stone left on top of another of the temple and there wasn't.

I am not quoting you scripture because you can read the book of Matthew with the knowledge I have just given and you will see it does not pretain to a future generation.

The historical account, written by a Jewish priest and Pharisee, that lived thru that seven years in Jerusalem can be found at: http://www.bible.ca/pre-flavius-josephus-70AD-Mt24...

I will also tell you that the book of Revelation pretains to the destruction of Jerusalem also.

• 9 years ago

Christy,

“People avoid the truth because the first bit of truth uttered and lived would draw more truth into action and so on indefinitely, and this would rip most people right off the customary tracks of their lives. But people, basically, know what is true and what is not, even if they so often render help to the lie. They support the lie because the lie has become a crutch without which life would not be possible. Therefore, in common human intercourse, the truth, and not the lie, is suspected as being phony.”

Wilhelm Reich, “The Murder of CHRIST”

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

"Pagans, non-believers, and Idiots need not answer."

You've just ruled out everyone. You could not even answer your own question, because you yourself are a non-believer - in gods other than the one of your own religion.

Source(s): I actually thought your question was interesting, until you proved you aren't really interested in opinions that do not at least partially align with your own. That's called a 'closed mind'.
  • 9 years ago

Tex, I'll finish what your dialogue box couldn't handle:

Now, look at verses 3 thru 19 of Daniel Chapter 9 (read it yourself due to lack of space availability here): Daniel's prayer to JEHOVAH to restore Jerusalem—nothing more!

Now, see verses 20–23 (same deal): " . . . therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision."

Key—'consider the vision': Daniel received no new vision in Chapter 9. Chronologically, the Book of Daniel works out 'on the Calendar' as such: Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 5, 9, 6, 10, 11, and 12. Gabriel was referencing the vision of Chapter 8, the vision given most recently. See verses one of both Chapters 8 and 9.

"In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first."—554/3BC.

"In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;"—539/8BC.

Now study verses 24–27 of Chapter 9 once more.

I think it important to note that the 17th Century English writing style all throughout Scripture makes interesting use of the colon and semicolon, a use uncommon to Modern English. The 'he' of verse twenty-seven?—both of them refer back to the first noun of verse twenty-six, THE MESSIAH.

Do you see? Gabriel was explaining what MESSIAH and the New Covenant written in the Book of Jeremiah had to do one with the other. This text has absolutely nothing to do with some futuristic fictitious Anti-Christ establishing a pact with Modern-Day Israel, re-instituting Judaism, or rebuilding the Temple on Mount Moriah.

There is other Biblical text too, such as the accusations cast at Stephen in Chapter 6 of the Book of Acts, verses eleven through fifteen, which support this conclusion. You'll have to study them yourself though due to lack of available space here.

Although it will be argued by proponents of the Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory that this Passage of Scripture characterizes Stephen's accusers as false witnesses, we can be reasonably sure that CHRIST'S Prophecy of Matthew 24 (and Mark 13) was correctly understood by HIS followers—that they rightly distinguished that Prophecy as the then-future Second Destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple in AD70.

In other words, this event has already occurred!

Additionally, that this truth was propagated among the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the Sanhedrin as well, seems obvious. Hence, the wording "we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place". Stephen was merely getting the blame for what these men had already heard from other of CHRIST’S followers.

This passage is directly linked to the truth of Daniel 9:27, though proponents of Seven-Year-Tribulation-Theory will say this position is supposed or assumed.

Luke even made it perfectly clear what the "abomination of desolation" in the Gospels of Matthew and Mark meant:

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh." Luke 21:20

That happened AD66-70: Cestius Gallus and Titus!

The Seventieth Week of Daniel 9:27 is already past.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i think Christ was talking about them not expecting when he will come not what would happen when he does........maybe you should stick to the comprehensive truth......not one or two verses

• Leo
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Perhaps you are very impressionable. You must be, if Christians are beginning to impress you.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You know the truth... there is no God, religion is a bunch of fairy stories...

Source(s): One of those people who you said should not answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Christy,

You are right and everybody else is wrong.

Your pal,

BOB

I am not a pastor.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Jesus spoke in fables,

the meanings are for the wise,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.