Pokemon Heart Gold Sandstorm Team?
My first ever competitive team. Rate it whatever and say what you think!
Swampert 240 HP/216 Def/52 SpD
Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Avalanche, Curse
Aerodactyl 248 HP/ 116 Atk/ 144 Spe
Roost, Substitute, Stone Edge, Earthquake
Cacturne 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Substitute, Focus Punch
Tyranitar 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Crunch
Garchomp 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch
Scizor 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Pursuit
Haters be jelly!
- Brutticus ForceLv 510 years agoFavorite Answer
Swampert shouldn't be running curse AND rocks, especially if you lack something that wants to take grass attacks (which you only have one). On the flip side... sub roost aerodactyl? Its good to see SOMEONE still uses that X]. Seriously, this is what i recommend you do.
1. Pick a good lead. you could go with swampert or aerodactyl, but not both. I would go with swampert. A variation on the standard lead mixpert would be sufficient.
2. Ditch Aerodactyl and Garchomp. Combine that team slot into Flygon. There are two reasons for this: Garchomp is illegal in 4th gen Standard. You seem like a reasonably astute person, but in case you didn't know, garchomp is classified as Uber. Aerodactyl kind of sucks if he tries to do anything but lead. Flygon has all the resistances of Garchomp, the same ability, and a much coveted immunity to ground. A set similar to the Garchomp set you have here, only with u turn over crunch, will be the best option.
3. Tyranitar is far better off with Stone Edge. you can get rid of both elemental punches. In most cases, the elemental punches suck. A super effective elemental punch is exactly as powerful as a nuteral stone edge, and it hits most of the same things for super effective anyway. in the last slot, consider Dragon Dance, pursuit or fire punch. Your team has problems with fast special sweepers like Azelf and Gengar, and pursuit can help with that. Fire Punch can help with scizor, but ttar needs a babari berry or a focus sash to survive Bullet punch first. If you do opt for pursuit, remember to swap life orb for choice band. Dragon Dance gives your team a powerful end game sweeper which your team kind of needs. You might consider leading with tyranitar to set up sand storm right away.
4. Cacturne is a giant weak link in this team. Its a grass type immune to sand storm sure, but it has the defenses of a wet paper bag, and the rest of your team is at least neutral to water. a fast water type like Starmie can ravage your team kind of easily, especially if swampert has previously taken damage.
Its not so much the four times weakness as it is that matter so much that Sand storm pokemon share weakness. Water, grass, and ice are often seen along side each other, especially on coverage sweepers like Empoleon, Shaymin, and Starmie. Likewise, not one pokemon on your team resists, fighting, so fast fighting types such as Infernape and Lucario can do a number on your team as well.
You might want to consider getting some pokemon who don't resist sandstorm to help balance your team out on the resistance chart. Tentacruel for one, helps immensely, and empoleon can be used as well. Cradily is a monster in sandstorm.
- 10 years ago
I love how you made a whole team based on sandstorm and you have excellent movesets for your team. However, I would recommend changing some of your team because five of your six Pokemon have 4x weaknesses. Swampert with Grass, Cacturne with Bug, Tyranitar with Fighting, Garchomp with Ice, and Scizor with Fire.