Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Dizz
Lv 7

~~ Do you know anybody who overloads themselves with perfumes or colognes ?

~~ fans away smells ..... lol

Have a good afternoon

D :)

Bonus Q : What if anything do you use as a fragrance ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope, not here Dizz. (The beauty of a 'scent-free' environment. I don't even let the dog f@rt in the house!)

=)

• 5 years ago

There are several possible reasons. 1. They're very insecure about the way they smell and go overboard. 2. They have nasal congestion or other issues that inhibit their ability to smell. You see this with people who smoke adding a lot of hot sauce or salt to things because they can't taste very well. 3. They get used to the smell having been around it (when they're wearing it) and, thinking it has faded, they put more on. 4. Nobody has told them that they are wearing way too much. They realize it is strong by them, but they may not realize how far and how strongly it radiates. 5. They might not actually be wearing so much. Based on a person's skin type (oily, dry, etc), body temperature, and body chemistry, the scent may last longer and be very strong even if they don't put much on. This reason in combination with the rest of the reasons would explain a lot.

• Socko
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't personally know their name(s), but when I get into an elevator, oh, boy does it smell so HEAVY with fragrances of all kinds that I can't distinguish what they are! I don't think it's necessary to douse yourself in perfumes or colognes that heavily! I don't go out much, but when I did, I LOVED and still do-"Safari"-by Ralph Lauren, My husband went "nuts" over the fragrance!

• 1 decade ago

My close friends Do Not wear perfumes or colognes as I am very sensitive..I use a lotion that has the scent of oranges and an Unscented hair spray..

When I'm out in public and someone is wearing an awful perfume I get an instant migraine and stomach pains..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I used to work in a factory and by jasus the women there used to nearly knock me out with the smell of their perfume

It smelled so cheap and nasty coz i smelling so many different scents

BA ~ I use white musk

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah,me hahahahaha

right now i'm wearing "American Eagle", "Pro-Out" and "Axe Deodrant" :P

My sister once throwed up because of how my smell was strong -__-

BQ:Colognes most,i have so many :)

Happy afternoon to you :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I used to encounter that problem at work on occasion. That was the worst, because it was an office, so you couldn't just walk away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. I'm pretty sure it's because they don't bathe or wash their clothes.

BQ: I sometimes use Ralph by Ralph Lauren. But only a smidgen.

• 1 decade ago

yeh this dude in th gym. i know the cologne cuz i havve it-aqua di gio. you get within 2 feet and you can smell him and its jus overbearing

bq-i use very sexy

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

My brother. Cologne lol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.