If it's confirmed that there will be an American remake of Death Note?

Who would you like to see in the cast?

I'm really excited about the idea of an American remake, because that would make me feel more identified with the movie and the characters, and obviously it will be better.

Here's my perfect cast:

Light Yagami -> Zac Efron (I don't know why people hate him because of his disney movies. He's a great actor)

L -> Taylor Lou Pucci

Misa Amane -> Emma Roberts

BQ: What American city would be perfect for the movie?

I think Portland, OR or Seattle, WA.

Best Answer

There are already answered questions for this.

The Death Note American live action is just A STRONG RUMOR.

No cast, date, place etc is official.

Zac Efron as Light Yagami? HELL NO. I only like Efron in MUSICALS. He does not portray the likliness of "evil", "manipulative" or "badas$ guy".

Sorry, but kids LOVE him.

IF they found out that Efron is in another film, they'll want to watch it. And when they watch it, they'll cry, because their idol, Zac Efron is a bad guy with a Shinigami <devil> hanging around him! Soon enough, they would fear a black notebook <death note> because their beloved Zac Efron uses that notebook to "kill" the people he detest!

A happy cheerio character like Efron, probably cannot portray a sly, manipulative character like Light. Ive seen his recent movie, the Charlie St Cloud, and really, his role as a more "mature" guy, doesnt suit him...well except the crying scenes only..LOL

I think Efron should just stay with Disney and allow someone else to be Yagami. True that the 2 look similar, and that he'll prob be great as JUST a cosplayer, but not as the "Light Yagami" character.

With the other characters, L would have to be like Kenichi-san <*** live action> of the Death Note movies. Though, I've seen better Light/L/Misa cosplayers from America...lol!

Misa would have to be annoying -- meh.

BQ: I dont live in America, so I wouldn't have a faintest idea. 8D

All I can tell you is that I've heard this rumor a lot, too. Most recently I heard that the guy who directed "The Strangers", which was a horror film, will allegedly be doing this, too. If this is true, I hope he doesn't try and make it a scary movie. It's not, it's an intricate intellectual battle and God I hope it stays that way, whoever ends up creating it!

And apparently you're not the only one who thinks Zac Efron should be Light.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ata...

• thor d

there was going to be an american remake of the death note movie but that just got the axe so no death note american remake movie sorry!

Source(s): read it online