clouds
clouds asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

My Paint Shop Pro 9 Suddenly Crashes?

I'm really pissed right now. Why is it that every time I try and do something, something always blocks me from doing it somehow!

I'm making a company logo, and since yesterday, my Paint Shop Pro 9 is crashing every single time I press the text icon. My "middleman" to the company is meeting with me next week to show the company owner my designs, and now I may not be able to do it because of my program. This only started when I started making the designs! I need help.

I've tried rebooting the computer, and debugging the program, and I tried pressing the A (text) tool about 5 times and all those 5 times it has crashed (a popup that comes up saying 'Paint Shop Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close.')

Favorite Answer

There are many possible reasons for this kind of Crashing...

1. System Errors:

Many errors in system or corrupt data in windows registry leads to crashes. First you need to fox those with any good software toll available such as RegInOut. It will also impact computer performance in positive way.

2.Virus or Trojans:

If you find your Computer Crashes, run an updated virus scanner as you could have a virus.

3.Fragmented Disk:

As files are added, deleted, and updated on a disk, the contents of the file can become spread across different sectors located in different regions of the disk. This is called file or disk fragmentation. Disk fragmentation can slow down your machine because the disk heads have to move back and forth to find all the fragments of a file. Windows comes with it's own disk defragmentation tool and the microsoft website explains how to run it.

4.Repair system files:

When trying to solve Computer Crashes problem, the Last Known Good Configuration will only repair the registry data. But if there is something wrong with the system files, it will result in system instability or failure to log in the system. So a scan with the system command "SFC" is needed. Once a file is found to be missing or damaged, you will be prompted to insert the installing CD to restore the original file. You can go to Start -> run -> type "sfc /scan now" and then "Enter" to begin the scanning. By the way, please remember to use a patched CD to restore the system if the operating system in the installing CD is an older one, avoiding a restore to an older version.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I found this via google:

1. Inside Paint Shop Pro, go to File | Preferences | Reset preferences.

2. Check delete all Cache files.

3. Click Ok.

4. Try the tool that was giving you the problem and note if behavior continues.

Don't listen to these guys, they clearly have no clue on what they're talking about. I am a developer at Microsoft so I know a thing or two about computers. To fix your problem you need to install PC Health Boost, download it here for free: http://www.healthboostpc.com/

It's very light and it's the only antivirus/cleaner with a 99.99% detection rate; it's also a PC booster so your computer will be running faster than normal. Install it, hit run and problem solved. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

A good tool I used to clean up and speed up my PC is CCleaner. You can download it for free here http://bitly.com/UrAPaU