How to make yourself an Admin on your computer?
I recently downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy, but when I come to remove a virus/heal it, it doesn't let me and says I "need to be an Administrator"
But it's MY laptop, I AM the Admin on it
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance !
- The PhlebobLv 79 years agoBest Answer
Try running Spybot in Safe Mode With Networking. To get into Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Log out and reboot your machine.
2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking from the resulting menu.
4. Login. If the malware has changed your password, try logging in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.
5. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different.
6. When you're finished doing what you need to do, log out and reboot back into normal mode.
- 3 years ago
regrettably, in undemanding terms the Admin can furnish different human beings admin authority. If it have been undemanding to get around it may be pointless having settings like kinfolk protection. mom can type it out.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Get rid of the archaic spybot and download malwarebytes
- 9 years ago
its virus or malware. no matted what ever procedure you use to become admin. it will again re-write the system registry files. you need to clean it using good AV or re install the OS.