Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 10 years ago

Why would Mohamed change directions to the Quibla (from Jerusalem's Temple to Kaba) in 624 AC? Sura 2:144?

Had the God of Abraham (Ibrahim) - who The Prophet worshiped in the beguinning - changed His mind AND dwelling? The Prophet had read this, you read it too.

(1Ki. 9:1) "And it came to pass when Solomon had finished building the house of the Lord, and the king’s house, and all the work of Solomon, whatever he wished to perform, 2 that the Lord appeared to Solomon a second time, as he appeared in Gabaon.

3 And the Lord said to him, I have heard the voice of thy prayer, and thy supplication which thou madest before me: I have done for thee according to all thy prayer: I have hallowed this house which thou hast built TO PUT MY NAME THERE FOR EVER, AND MINE EYES AND MY HEART SHALL BE THERE ALWAYS. 4 And if thou wilt walk before me as David thy father walked, in holiness of heart and uprightness, and so as to do according to all that I commanded him, and shalt keep my ordinances and my commandments: 5 then will I establish the throne of thy kingdom IN ISRAEL FOR EVER, as I spoke to David thy father, saying,..."

Why did he change his mind, then? What made him change, turn his back on His Temple?

Basically, God changed His mind? Can THAT be possible? As per your information.

Favorite Answer

Turned out he didnt like the Jews as much as he thought he would so something had to be done about imitating the Jews

It was Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) all time desire to face Kaba as Quibla. Before migration to Madina, He used to pray near Kaba in such a way that He faces both Kaba & Baitul Muqaddis in the same direction.

There are many reasons why made him change to turn back to Kaba. Kaba is the center of the earth. This was the first house on earth built by Adam (pbuh)& Gabriel (AS).

Besides this, the house of Allah also lies on the sky near the same spot where Kaba resides on the earth.

He doesn't open his mouth to say anything that is not revealed to him from Allah (swt).

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doesn't speak out of his desire or speak out of anything that has no sense. It means that even Prophet's (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) breathing is revelation

whatever prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said is not less than a revelation..

• ?

because it was a command from Allah :

Qur'an [2:144]

We have certainly seen the turning of your face, [O Muhammad], toward the heaven, and We will surely turn you to a qiblah [direction] with which you will be pleased. So turn your face toward al-Masjid al-Haram. And wherever you [believers] are, turn your faces toward it [in prayer]. Indeed, those who have been given the Scripture well know that it is the truth from their Lord. And Allah is not unaware of what they do.

Qur'an [2:150]

And from wherever you go out [for prayer], turn your face toward al-Masjid al-Haram. And wherever you [believers] may be, turn your faces toward it in order that the people will not have any argument against you, except for those of them who commit wrong; so fear them not but fear Me. And [it is] so I may complete My favor upon you and that you may be guided.

• ramal

Why replace from Jerusalem to Mekah quite of Medinah? a million) The course to Jerusalem grow to be to objective convert the Jews. whilst that failed, it grow to be time for a clean mindset and aim. 2) Medinah grow to be already Islam, so no earnings to alter to that course. 3) Mekah grow to be the place Muhammad grow to be from, his place of origin. It grow to be the financial center of Pagan Arabs. by utilising changing the instructions to Mekah, he was hoping to transform the Meccan Arabs and administration the financial center decrease than the pretext of religion. no longer purely the process prayer. Muhammad additionally adapted the custom of the Pagan Arabs worship of the Moon God Hubal which grow to be worshipped on the Kaabah. Pagan Traditions adapted by utilising Muhammad to soothe the Meccan Arabs and earnings conversion : a million) Moon grow to be adapted because of the fact the emblem of Islam. 2) The Kaabah (temple of moon God Hubal grow to be maintained because of the fact the area of worship). 3) Circling the Kaabah 7 instances is a guidance of worship of the Moon God Hubal. 4) Fasting is a guidance of worship to the Moon God Hubal. 5) donning all white is a guidance of worship to the Moon God Hubal. 6) working between the two hills is a guidance of worship of the Moon God Hubal the story at the back of grow to be re-invented to the story of Hajjah and the Zam Zam nicely owned by utilising Muhammad's kin. The Zam Zam nicely had because of the fact that grow to be of extensive commercial value to Muhammad's kin. 7) The rock place on the Kaabah is likewise a guidance of worship to the Moon God Hubal. So by utilising changing most of the Pagan Arab's guidance, Muhammad controlled to transform the Arabs and Mekah to Islam. Why do Muslims declare no longer worshipping idols yet yet kiss the black stone on the Kaabah as though it grow to be some sacred rock from ALLAH???

it was allah's command.. so prophet muhammad did as he was told.

simple!