Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 9 years ago

Who would you rather have, Corey Perry or Marian Hossa?

I've just been proposed a trade offer in my pool, the guy wants perry and will give me Hossa, so should i take it or not and why. Im really not sure since well they play a similear style and are doing about the same thing this year.

• Linds
    Best Answer

Corey Perry is a great player, but the Ducks haven't been doing so hot. Most due to lack of defense.

Hossa is another good player and BlackHawks have been doing decent.

So it is a gamble. Do you keep Perry in hope the Ducks will get their act together or do you pick up Hossa whoes team is doing pretty good.

Does your league count PIMs? If so, Perry would definitively have more fantasy value than Hossa....that aside, Hossa is a bit of an injury risk...if it were me I'd rather have Perry.

Source(s): Personal opinion.

My instinct is to say Hossa HOWEVER, he will be sidelined another week AND it is the infamous "upper body injury" and they are tight lipped on what that injury is even though they say it is not serious. They could be lying........a concussion makes him risky, a bum shoulder (he had surgery on his shoulder last year) makes him risky.

Perry is the safe play.

I think Perry is more willing to get in those dirty areas, but he will still give you skill and leadership.

Hossa in my opinion is more skilled but is more of a player I think that's there for mainly skill,a dn isn't going to give you that grit.

Hossa also is injured allot, missing what could be of key games for his team.

So my final answer would be a good ole' Canadian boy Corey Perry.

I agree with Samsquatch, if PIM count perry is the better option though his +/- will suffer playing for the ducks.

Source(s): Have perry in 2 leagues