Brake Rotors/Calipers?

I have a 2005 Mazda 3 S Hatchback. I have been thinking I am coming up for a Brake replacement soon. I got it serviced in the Summer, and my mechanic said the pads and shoes did look good. My concern is that my Rotors look pretty beat up, and if I Brake with fair force, I get a bit of a shaky feeling coming from the brakes. (Happens with two sets of tires, balanced and alligned). Any opinions?

Favorite Answer

Warped rotors, for sure. Turning may true them up, but not likely. My MR2 is notorious for warping rotors. Quickly. I don't know if drilled and/or slotted rotors will help, but go for a decent quality vs. low price.

After you either have the rotors turned to take off the warping, or replace them, lubricate the bushing mechanism on the calipers so equal force is applied on each side of the rotor, this is especially true if the pads are worn unevenly. Also, whenever you're descending a hill, try and never hold the brakes on for long periods of time. Downshift and use the brakes as sparingly as possible to avoid the same problem in the future

• Boe

Youll need new rotors and pads. you dont want to reuse the old pads. Having them turned if you ask me is a wast of money, as 9 out of 10 times the just re-warp. Replacement is the way to go. Also, make sure you lube the caliper pins and torque the wheels properly.

Go to Advance Auto and buy Wagner Thermo-Quiet Ceramic brake pads. Get the Wherever rotors and leave the rears alone.

Source(s): Mitsubish Master tech

rotors are cheap for this car replace them at every pad change turning them is futile as they don't take much to warp with less material to absorb heat

comon problem thing if u had hit a curve while parking the car im sure ur disc need a little turn napa should be able 2 do that

• ?

rotors are buckled,have machined or replaced

you need new rotors. your rotors are warped.